Midas Heritage consoles

Re: Midas Herritage consoles

Guys, what are the main differences between the h1000,2000, and 3000 consoles.... I was told the 3000 has different pres and eq from the other two. I was hoping it was just the number of auxs... Can anyone confirm.
Thx

The 2000 and 3000 are basically the same but for 12/24 auxes I believe. The 1000 is a different beast. Not sure about pres and such.

Also FWIW, there is little difference in weight between an H2K and H3K according to the manuals. I have seen H3K's even cheaper than H2K's lately in some cases probably due to a greater number of H3K's existing?? :)

H2000 has group assignments via hard switches, not automatable soft switches. The 2000 was designed as a foh only desk. 1000 was for minimal aux situations, and the 3000 was a monitor/foh desk. Then the 4000 came out designed as a monitor desk, right as the digital desks started to be accepted.

I might have been drunk talking to a system tech, but I think I was told there were only 8 heritage 4000s in the us.

I thought all of the heritage desks had the same mic/line amp and eq.

Heritage 1000 does have a/b mic inputs. No idea why, I've never heard of them being used. I have been known to accidentally hit the a/b button thinking it was the polarity reverse... Haha

Last edited:
Re: Midas Heritage consoles

Ther's a 64 channel H3000 in Belfast Waterfront I think someone left it there because they couldn't be bothered moving it :) To the OP the 1st difference you'll notice is they range in weight from heavy to who's screwed it to the floor? heavy The next difference is in how many knobs can you cram onto a channel strip, this ranges from wow that's a lot to enough controls to populate a lesser console completely on one strip. Apart from that if someone else is moving it and these days maintaining it I'll use it as long as it is working, I might even play with the automation..... well maybe I'll not go that far as that might be pushing it. G

Long ago I remember someone telling me that the H1000 was a DDA design that was in the works when DDA got absorbed. I have no idea if it's actually true. I've always felt that the H1000 just doesn't sound the same as the 2000 (or 3000) and thought the whole "maybe DDA" thing might explain it. A different EQ section might also explain it.

Long ago I remember someone telling me that the H1000 was a DDA design that was in the works when DDA got absorbed. I have no idea if it's actually true. I've always felt that the H1000 just doesn't sound the same as the 2000 (or 3000) and thought the whole "maybe DDA" thing might explain it. A different EQ section might also explain it.

I tend to think you are right. Would like to know.

I think the XL250/200 were the DDA desks, the Heritage 1000 looks to me more like a giant Venice and may well have been manufactured or designed in Germany I've never looked to see.

I thought it was the Verona / Sienna that were DDA designed. Could be wrong, never drove an H1000 but I did spend plenty of time on CS3s.

I thought it was the Verona / Sienna that were DDA designed. Could be wrong, never drove an H1000 but I did spend plenty of time on CS3s.

That's what I was told at the time as well...

Sent from some device, using some software, probably inconveniently. Apologies for any mistakes of grammar, spelling, or meaning.