Midas M32 Security

Peter Ziders

Oct 13, 2022
Texas
Hello all, I cannot find anyone who can answer this question including Midas. I will pose this question.
Example: You work with band "A" on a weekend, and they use their phones to run their own monitors through my WiFi.

The next weekend I work with band "B" who also run their own monitors. My question is, if a member of band "A" shows up at the gig for band "B" what prevents them from connecting to my WiFI and screw with the mix of band "B".

I would think there is some way to secure the WiFi to prevent this from occurring.

Thank you,

David, I thought that may be an option I wasn't sure how difficult it would be (I don't have the equipment yet). Funny how Sweetwater nor Midas provided that option. Thank you Sir. Pete

A friend of mine has a side job looking for system vulnerabilities. He never even needs passwords. He can access so many things. Ever see a wind farm all start to move. One job he did took him less than a minute and their security was no better than the cheapest WiFi node. He is a lighting man, properly. A visiting show with an avo control, we’re having issues linking it to the house system. He bypassed their password, went into their desk, fixed the art net addressing, made it talk to the lights and didn’t need them at all to do this. I think the manufacturers do really need to think about access to features from outside. They’re all relying on the WiFi for security alone! It wont be long before some shows are wrecked by clever idiots

Unless I'm missing something with the model you mentioned, you could just save A and also B's mix on the flash drive and not leave it where they can find it. If they mess with what's currently on the mixer at the time, just re-load it. You could just do that every time in case you don't know if anyone messed with something til it's too late.

Last edited:
If you use a venue regularly and have your mix via your phone, and their wifi, then if you were in the building, or maybe even outside in the car park, you could do all sorts of annoying things to them. You'd need to change the wifi password to stop this. I suppose this could easily be a thing you do day by day. If somebody gets into the wifi system and wants to be destructive, they can do it easily.