MM Acoustics W8 Wedges

May 18, 2012
At the end of the year I'll have to do quite a lot of acoustic/jazz shows and I was in search for new wedges for these shows. By now I work with HK Audio VT115x and RCF TT25SMA wedges, both are way too big for these events. I wanted something smaller, and with a really good passive X-over. I'm not fond of system amping. I dig the old school way of a proper designed box, that works with any brand of amplification. Turns out that these are not so easy to find over here. On the one hand there are some aspirants, but they are imho too pricey for the given performance. On the other hand the more reasonably priced products did not match my expectations sound- and/or SPL wise.

I got in contact with Marjan Milosevic ( http://www.mm-acoustics.com ) by chance. Turns out that he was working on a wedge, that would cover my needs. It is a small box (about 40 x 40cm) with 8" coax driver from 18Sound, in combination with a passive x-over. So I took the plunge and ordered two of these W8 wedges.

I must admit, Marjan exceeded my expectations. The W8 has a top notch build quality and first and foremost, I sounds just great. Take a SM58, engage a low cut and turn it up: No EQ needed! It goes really loud and clear without ringing out the box first. Exactly what I was looking for. I'm really satisfied, so I thought I might share my impressions here.
I will post more pictures, when I did some shows with them.
Happy camper here;-)

DSC_0013.JPGDSC_0016.JPGDSC_0018.JPGDSC_0021.JPGDSC_0022.JPGDSC_0023.JPGDSC_0027.JPG

Re: MM Acoustics W8 Wedges

First gig with my new W8:)
High profile guitars players in the house, among others Petteri Sariola from Finnland. Check his version of this U2 classic-->
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7q1D9n_ADx0

W8...top notch!
Loud, clear, transparant and lot's of "gain before feedback".
Artists loved them as well, really easy to get a decent sound in no time.

11770255_10200981583537988_404876630_o(1).jpg11777622_10200981582937973_713531828_o.jpg

Hey Weogo, these are not yet on our web site. We like using the boxes a bit before we publish the data. But this is basically what it is.
280/400W continuous/programe
96db 65-1800Hz -3db

Graph SPL is relative. Just to show the frequency responce.

Both W8 and W12 data will be released next week.

Attachments

• W8graph.jpg
    W8graph.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 6

Hey Weogo, these are not yet on our web site. We like using the boxes a bit before we publish the data. But this is basically what it is.
280/400W continuous/programe
96db 65-1800Hz -3db

Graph SPL is relative. Just to show the frequency responce.

Both W8 and W12 data will be released next week.

I would love to see the phase response in addition to this amplitude response.

Laurence, i am yet to see any phase response published by other manufactures when wedges are in question.
So we do not plan on releasing that data. Not because it is bad, but because we believe that in monitor world flat frequency response is more critical feature then flat phase response.