My new "desk" photo

Ivan Beaver

Graduate Student
Jan 11, 2011
Atlanta GA area
Here is a photo of my new "desk". It is hard to make out, but the ads on the left side are magazine ads from the "time period".

The Kustom Red cabinets are in the process of a "transformation". The origional speakers are being removed and replaced. On the low side there will be 2 Lab12 subs and the 3rd "driver hole" will be the ports. The top 12" is going to be a 12" B&C coax for the mid/highs-in it's own chamber.

Not only should they work great for my music playback at my desk-but will be strong enough to do small gigs with them.

Imagine the look on people faces when they hear the "new" cabinets. Plus they look way cooler than modern products.

Attachments

• Desk.jpg
    Desk.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 0
Re: My new "desk" photo

Here is a photo of my new "desk". It is hard to make out, but the ads on the left side are magazine ads from the "time period".

The Kustom Red cabinets are in the process of a "transformation". The origional speakers are being removed and replaced. On the low side there will be 2 Lab12 subs and the 3rd "driver hole" will be the ports. The top 12" is going to be a 12" B&C coax for the mid/highs-in it's own chamber.

Not only should they work great for my music playback at my desk-but will be strong enough to do small gigs with them.

Imagine the look on people faces when they hear the "new" cabinets. Plus they look way cooler than modern products.

I love it! Ive been wanting to do a desk with an older mixer under the glass for a while!! Very nice.

Do the meters light up?

===

When i see your wall of amps I flash back to trade shows where I had to set up and tear down displays looking vaguely like that (not quite that many and hopefully slightly better matched to each other)... while i would be foolish to whine about humping heavy gear on a SR forum... :) If your amp pile is too light weight, look for a CS1200, while I see a few heavyweight contenders already.

My living room amp is >100# but its a one off DIY so not appropriate for your wall.

JR

Do the meters light up?

JR
I have not even plugged it in. When I bought it-it supposidly works-but I don't know about the meter bulbs-as you know they often burn out.

Since it has a decent power amp in it (especially for the day) 400 watts @2 ohms, I would be interested in actually doing a gig with it.

Just use some high sensitivity-well behaved loudspeakers (i know where to get those) -and a band with decent sources and I bet it would sound just fine. And really mess with people minds :)