NEED HELP Upgrade system

Hai x nguyen

Freshman
Sep 18, 2013
New mexico
Hello my name is Hai x nguyen, I from New Mexico and I a sound guy in the VBC church. I need to upgrade church speaker but I has only $2000. I need speaker, power amp, sub woofer??/.

Re: NEED HELP Upgrade system

Hello my name is Hai x nguyen, I from New Mexico and I a sound guy in the VBC church. I need to upgrade church speaker but I has only $2000. I need speaker, power amp, sub woofer??/.

Speakers, subs, amps, and a DSP most likely - you'll need to add a 0 to that budget, probably more. Plus design and install to make sure it's not a waste.

My church over 400 seat. L 80' x W 60' x H 24' over.

$2000 is nowhere near enough money, unless you have very low expectations. If your expectations are low and you need a quick option, a couple of larger powered speakers like Mackie HD1531 or JBL PRX625 might barely fit in your budget, but in no way would be ideal. I feel kind of irresponsible even suggesting that.

I would suggest continuing to save money until you have more budget. The right thing to do would be to get a reputable AV consultant to help you determine what you really need.

Last edited:

$2000 is nowhere near enough money, unless you have very low expectations. If your expectations are low and you need a quick option, a couple of larger powered speakers like Mackie HD1531 or JBL PRX625 might barely fit in your budget, but in no way would be ideal. I feel kind of irresponsible even suggesting that.

I would suggest continuing to save money until you have more budget. The right thing to do would be to get a reputable AV consultant to help you determine what you really need.

I don't know, the OP has said nothing about the requirements of the system. A pair of PRX 625's could be overkill! But yeah, you're gonna need more money and somebody with experience.

Depending on what's currently installed, and what the needs are, $2k may be sufficient. That's in the right ballpark for a redeployment of a mis-applied system, for example, or adding a DSP to an aging system. That said, the OP still should consult with a qualified AV consultant to determine what is really needed.

Thank you system now behringer fx2222 mixer, rack system manement, behringer xf2500 amp - 2 x 1200 and 1 pair 15" Yamaha, 1 pair 12" peavey speaker, 1 pair peavey monitor with peavey 1200 watts amp.

My plant upgrade power amp and dual 15" speaker and move a small pair Yamaha 15" to monitor speaker. Should I get dual 15" Yamaha speaker or dual 15" JBL with 18" sub ?? thankyou ..