New Shure QLX-D

Re: New Shure QLX-D

I just finished attending the webinar Brian posted. Essentially, it is almost exactly the same RF and Audio circuitry as ULX-D. As far as I can tell, it's a great alternative for their ULX-D line if you don't quite need the higher tier features. They presented it as their official replacement for the ULX-P line of equipment, if that gives you an idea of where they think it stands.

All in all, I'm impressed and can't wait to hear/work with one.

Wonder why they chose the different naming schemes then. If it's a ulx-p replacement, why didn't they call this the ULX-D line and the higher end the QLX? Weird.

Actually, they brought that up. Originally, the ULX-D line was meant to be the successor, but they just kept adding features and the price point and feature set went over what they had intended. The QLX-D was a different project afterward when they decided that they needed a true ULX-P replacement.

I finally received a pair of these. Installed them in the rack. Everything works like it should, scan functions found good signals without even connecting through a switch, etc. All the standard things these days worked fine. Audio wise they are gorgeous. For anything live (except maybe in ears) I can't justify more in terms of how it sounds.

I'll have more on it after I put them through a few talking heads and a choral event on Wednesday. It's a really simple and powerful system. Worth every penny.