New Yamaha QL Console at Frankfurt

re: New Yamaha QL Console at Frankfurt

So, I guess that would be this, then, from the Yamaha Pro Audio home page:

top_header_teaser.jpg

My guess is a successor to the LS9/01V/DM line.

My guess is a successor to the LS9/01V/DM line.

That would make sense, likely in the lower end particularly. Given that the O1V first came to market in 1998, I'd say it's run its course. It is amazing to me that Yamaha has been able to keep that platform alive and relevant for so long with only relatively minor upgrades. How many other types of digital products can we say that about? It's looking pretty long in the tooth these days against the new stuff from the last couple years though.

Last edited:

You're kidding, right? Those are three completely different lines of mixers. The DM2000 is still more powerful (aside from aux count and lack of graphic EQ) than just about anything besides the PM1D.

Ehhh? There's 6 assignable 31 band graphics on a DM2K. I get what you're saying though.

Should be cool to see what's coming. I do love me some Yamaha consoles. Hopefully it won't just be a letdown announcement like an installation processor or something.

Looks very interesting, now to see what the price is.

I also wonder if it's a touch screen or not.

This may cut into the CL1 market with as many processing channels as it has.

Philip

My crystal ball says this is going to be expensive relative to the GLD line. The Rio boxes are pretty expensive, and this does in a lot of ways look like a CL with on-surface IO. I wish it had more than 16 mixes.

My crystal ball says this is going to be expensive relative to the GLD line. The Rio boxes are pretty expensive, and this does in a lot of ways look like a CL with on-surface IO. I wish it had more than 16 mixes.

Although it seems the matrices will work as AUX mixes.

The really big news on this for me is the built-in Dugan automixer. Now THAT's cool!

You are probably right. But I do feel like this is a bit of a different league. Better build quality, more I/O options, automixing, etc...

I suspect the QL1 will list at the same as an LS9-16, or thereabouts.

You're right about the Rios though. Too much money. The Midas 15x boxes are much more sensibly priced.