New Yamaha TF series digital mixers

Re: New Yamaha TF series digital mixers

Just saw it at NAB. Looks like a nice intermediate between 01v and QL. I wish there were a few more knobs but the multi touch screen will kind of take there place.

Will be interesting to see if HA control interoperates with CL/QL/Rio

Faders are not CL level faders but still pretty good, smooth but they don't feel as solid.. You have to give the screen a solid touch, I wish a lighter touch worked but I think it will be easy enough to get used to. Not the worst I've seen by any stretch.

The fixed aux configuration is kind of bummer (8 mono + 6 stereo). It would be nice it that was configurable up to 20 mono sends or say 10 stereo. Or any combo thereof. Why lock it down?

The fixed aux configuration is kind of bummer (8 mono + 6 stereo). It would be nice it that was configurable up to 20 mono sends or say 10 stereo. Or any combo thereof. Why lock it down?
Clearly this console is aimed at non-pro users. 1-knob comps and eq? All sort of channel presets for "vocal", "guitar", "bass drum", etc?
It's meant for people who want to have a mixer but have no idea how to operate one. Expect lots of video tutorials on things like "what a DI box is", "what mic to use for guitar", etc.

Pros are meant to look further up the chain to the QL series.

Although this is budget priced using the same pricing as the Si Expression, there is Dante option with a Tio1608-D which is a 16x8 stagebox coming next year apparently. Also the 34x34 USB recording is built-in, so with that free Waves recording software this is a cool combo.

There is no more excuse to buy the cheap stuff from the sponsor at the bottom of the page.
I am happy with my QL5. I would love to have the touch screen work with the EQ like the TF does, but I have a dedicated iPad for that, that stays with the desk so it works out. I think the EQ presets are really cool. They are just pre-populated EQ libraries. Hey, pull up this mic, on that instrument and use this preset, then tweak a bit to taste. Works for me.

Oh nothing at all. But they have NEVER been at the bottom of my screen on this site. LOL. I guess I'm just lucky.
Screen Shot 2015-04-22 at 9.48.50 AM.jpg
Too bad, these two ads - only one of which is visible in threads - are what keep this site up and running. It would be great if people would visit the manufacturer's site to show them we are thrilled that they support Soundforums.net. They probably don't consider our ads to be a lot of money, but it means the world to us, and our click through ratio is what makes it possible to sell ad space to these sponsors.

(I know you weren't talking about Tannoy's ad)

View attachment 12359
Too bad, these two ads - only one of which is visible in threads - are what keep this site up and running. It would be great if people would visit the manufacturer's site to show them we are thrilled that they support Soundforums.net. They probably don't consider our ads to be a lot of money, but it means the world to us, and our click through ratio is what makes it possible to sell ad space to these sponsors.

(I know you weren't talking about Tannoy's ad)

I must be lucky... I don't see them.

Attachments

• soundforumads.png
    soundforumads.png
    215.2 KB · Views: 1

Prices have been posted:
TF1 $2,499
TF3 $2,999
TF5 $3,599

Looks like it comes out this June. Interesting to see how it will match up against the X32.