No noise above 55db after 10pm?

Re: No noise above 55db after 10pm?

How would you meet these noise requirements if they came to a town near you?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/06/1...eck-for-noise-restrictions/?intcmp=latestnews

Vaguely worded ordinances seldom survive serious court challenges. Not because someone should be able to make as much racket as they want, but because the wording makes enforcement subjective, such as where the measurement point is, what time average is used (if any), what weighting is used, and what qualifications and training are required of the enforcers. Also, 55dB is unrealistic and impossible to achieve as normal ambient noise in a commercial district is frequently louder, often 24/7.

That all said, I'd not want to live some place where I could not exercise my right to "quite enjoyment" of my property... but I'd not by a home near the airport or a concert venue and then decide to complain.

That all said, I'd not want to live some place where I could not exercise my right to "quite enjoyment" of my property... but I'd not by a home near the airport or a concert venue and then decide to complain.

I always found it odd that people would move close to one end of the runway at my local Air Force Base and then complain about the fighter jet noise. Personally, I never tire of hearing the sound of freedom.

I always found it odd that people would move close to one end of the runway at my local Air Force Base and then complain about the fighter jet noise. Personally, I never tire of hearing the sound of freedom.

I'm a little more cynical, I hear the sound of the Military Industrial Complex... but I'd still not complain if I willingly chose to live near an AFB.

How can they determine if the sound from the bar is contributing to the decibel level? If the band stops and the sound level on the meter doesn't change, but is still over 55db, can you be cited?

And because this appears to be aimed at a commercial district with mucho entertainment, how does the investigator PROVE that any one establishment is responsible when all the bars are open? I see lawsuits and a city paying big $$ to defend this.

How would you meet these noise requirements if they came to a town near you?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/06/1...eck-for-noise-restrictions/?intcmp=latestnews

For an indoor venue, it's a matter of appropriate construction and possibly eliminating any outdoor queueing area. Outdoor venues are a bit tougher.

The reality is, though, that this is fundamentally a zoning issue, not a technical issue (and this particular article sounds like a municipality that has some budget shortfalls...).

I'm a little more cynical, I hear the sound of the Military Industrial Complex... but I'd still not complain if I willingly chose to live near an AFB.

While the intent of my point wasn't to be political, I'll just say you must have great hearing. The MIC has been greatly diminished over the past five years as a direct result of the dismantling of the U.S. military.

In Pennsylvania,the Liquor Control Board's regs say no music can be heard out side the premisis.That's almost impossible to abide by.So if a bar recieves multiple citations they could lose their liquor license. If a borough,township or city has their own noise ordinance,then that takes precedent.We changed ours several years ago to accommodate a club owner.Our says it can't exceed 59 db at the property line after 10 pm.

Hello

dB-levels have increased and play-times have become later and later with years passing - so there must be oodles of neighbourhoods, where "in the good old time" local bar was providing enough fun & joy and hardly any disturbance in surrounding ares. Now everything is sooo much ( 10-20db ??? ) louder - not only music in bar, but the assholes "expressing" themselfes outside the bar. Then so many bar owners have no clue, how to set up stage right for noice - of course many times the place is built into old shoestore etc where there is really no better choice, but then I would say the bar owners expectations about functionality might be slightly optimistic at best. Then they complain about losing money - which is more important - someone making money or hundreds others having peace ???

Then related off-topic - as many of you know, I run one-man pa-company and have gear available to produce noise, when needed. I live in a house on 1000m2 lot in peacefull quiet suburb - nearest pub is some 300 meters away and never disturbs. My next door neighbour - he built a hot tub in his back yard next to our fence few years ago - first all as well - no particular noise - but last two years his teen-age sons have started to have parties - when you have a dozen of drunk teenagers cursing and hollering behind your fence untill two-three in the morning, it is getting beyond tolerance. Talking does not help...

So I have come up with "Endlösung"
- microphone detecting noise - filtered 40-1000Hz - rectified to provide VCA-control signal.
- warbling oscillator 18-22kHz - VCA - power amp - HF-horn aimed at neighbour.
I figure this would produce VERY uncomfortable audible sensation next door, but only, when they deserve it - if they hush up to listen to it, it will be silent so they will not get it.

Am I being mean old man ? Or am I defending all the children in neighbourhood from having to watch/hear those idiots ?

Is there a prebuilt solution for this ?

Comments - please.

Thanks for reading

Then related off-topic - as many of you know, I run one-man pa-company and have gear available to produce noise, when needed. I live in a house on 1000m2 lot in peacefull quiet suburb - nearest pub is some 300 meters away and never disturbs. My next door neighbour - he built a hot tub in his back yard next to our fence few years ago - first all as well - no particular noise - but last two years his teen-age sons have started to have parties - when you have a dozen of drunk teenagers cursing and hollering behind your fence untill two-three in the morning, it is getting beyond tolerance. Talking does not help...

- microphone detecting noise - filtered 40-1000Hz - rectified to provide VCA-control signal.
I figure this would produce VERY uncomfortable audible sensation next door, but only, when they deserve it - if they hush up to listen to it, it will be silent so they will not get it.

Am I being mean old man ? Or am I defending all the children in neighbourhood from having to watch/hear those idiots ?

Comments - please.
TX timo for this - im gonna try this on my neighbors :twisted::twisted::twisted:

Hello

dB-levels have increased and play-times have become later and later with years passing - so there must be oodles of neighbourhoods, where "in the good old time" local bar was providing enough fun & joy and hardly any disturbance in surrounding ares. Now everything is sooo much ( 10-20db ??? ) louder - not only music in bar, but the assholes "expressing" themselfes outside the bar. Then so many bar owners have no clue, how to set up stage right for noice - of course many times the place is built into old shoestore etc where there is really no better choice, but then I would say the bar owners expectations about functionality might be slightly optimistic at best. Then they complain about losing money - which is more important - someone making money or hundreds others having peace ???

Comments - please.

Thanks for reading

As a teenager, you might want to take it down to include around 16kHz or even possibly 15kHz. I've been trying to keep my hearing as good as I can, but already (due to a bunch of things) I'm starting to lose 20kHz some. Bear in mind that I usually carry around earplugs and keep my ears cleaner than the average teen. If I can't hear it that well, drunk partiers like that probably cant.

Bet you could make a fortune off this sort of thing, though.

Comments - please.

If you can go to this trouble, why not double down, and make it bi-polar. And have another mic and speaker, and do noise canceling on your side?

It's been tried in the UK outside shops, then they were all taken down as the systems were just left on all the time so would indiscriminately annoy anyone able to hear it, in a public place. It was actually an environmental noise problem in itself.

If it's only activated when noise is an issue and targeted at the specific area causing the issue I'd see less of a problem. Just don't get sued for causing hearing damage.

Chris

If you can go to this trouble, why not double down, and make it bi-polar. And have another mic and speaker, and do noise canceling on your side?

Hello

Noice-cancellation works in limited / spot areas only - I can´t figure a system, that would cancel noice all over my house

to Chris - my original plan was to have it active only, when they make noise - that´s why there is VCA - so by all means, if they decide to enjoy bathing without making noise, I´ve nothing against that...