Opening pictures in a New Window?

Re: Opening pictures in a New Window?

Is there a profile setting that I need to select to open up the pictures in a new window/tab?
I always just press the Ctrl key on my keyboard when clicking on a link. This automatically launches the link in a new tab within Chrome on my PC. Seems to work well on most websites.

Clicking the middle mouse button (the wheel) does the same thing.
Yeah, I don't have a button under the wheel on my mouse and I don't have a middle button on my mouse.

However, I think you can set up your mouse to emulate a middle button my pressing both the left and right click buttons at the same time. This is a feature you can set up in the mouse configuration on your PC. ...at least you used to be able to set this option, it may not be readily available anymore.

Is there a profile setting that I need to select to open up the pictures in a new window/tab?

On OS X, command+click will do that.

We could make all pictures open in a new window by default, but then we'll run into issues with popup blockers for some users. I usually go through the 'New Posts' page, and run through the list, opening each updated thread in a new tab.

Kind of wondering about the same thing with ads? I'd be an ad clicking fool if they would open up in a new tab while I finished reading whatever I was reading in the forum. Or is it basically like other links where pop up blockers would be an issue?

Kind of wondering about the same thing with ads? I'd be an ad clicking fool if they would open up in a new tab while I finished reading whatever I was reading in the forum. Or is it basically like other links where pop up blockers would be an issue?

Lee, you can often right click (or ctrl or cmd click) on any link to open it in a new window.