Outline C12 Line Array

Ethan Kurobe

Freshman
Jul 1, 2015
Hi Everyone,

Has anyone heard of this brand Outline? I hear they have come up with great sounding Line Arrays. Their GTO and C12 is highly appreciated but somehow the brand is non-existent at many forums. One of my fellow engineer got a chance to hear the GTO C12 and he swears by them to be amazing. I don't understand why I can't find any reviews or inputs on them? So any reviews / experience will be appreciated for awareness and knowledge.

I got a chance to mix on Butterfly and Mantas and they are very clean and good sounding box with good headroom as per the size of the box and also the throw was nice.

I want to know if anyone has got a chance to listen to them and how would you compare it to d&B Jseries or L'Acoustics K2 or other brands like Clair Systems, Adamson, Nexo STM etc.

Also saw a video of another upcoming brand "Audiofocus" which is challenging L'Acoustics directly lol what are your inputs on it?

Also check out this brand Voice Acoustics? anyone got a chance to mix on them?

Re: Outline C12 Line Array

Challenging the L'acoustics should not be "that' difficult if you know what you do. The boxes are nothing special in terms of loudspeaker box technology. K1/K2 are simple reflex boxes that use not so special components inside. So it is all in the clever processing. If you know how to do that then it wont be very hard to challenge them.
But, even if you prove superior you will have a looong way to walk before you earn peoples trust and enter to the top game.
In other words, its not always about the product or how it sounds. Lot more is involved.

Had a listen to GTO-C12 system. Wow sheer power, clarity and control. Was on the desk with the engineer. Remarkable. My query sorted. Amazing System will go ahead and buy :)

Challenging the L'acoustics should not be "that' difficult if you know what you do. The boxes are nothing special in terms of loudspeaker box technology. K1/K2 are simple reflex boxes that use not so special components inside. So it is all in the clever processing. If you know how to do that then it wont be very hard to challenge them.
But, even if you prove superior you will have a looong way to walk before you earn peoples trust and enter to the top game.
In other words, its not always about the product or how it sounds. Lot more is involved.

Absolutely.
I attended a demo of the K2 the other day. The packaging was great as was the sales pitch from the factory.
Most people at the demo were drinking the LA cool aid thought it was fantastic, but it wasn’t. I could not hear any sort of stereo image no matter where I stood. It’s still a good system and I’m sure will make money, but in 2015 …

Last edited by a moderator:

Exactly. I hear lots of talk about how "simple" the product from XXX manufacturer is, and how they could do something similar for a fraction of the price. Good luck, not if you want to sell it you won't. It takes more than just a good sounding and good performing product to succeed, as hundreds of manufacturers with good product across the Pro, MI, and consumer space know. You need a good sales team, a good factory support team, lots of money invested in local support in each major market, and all the hidden intangibles that often make the big sales - like CE and/or UL testing, fire proofing, weather testing, etc. Even with all that it can be a struggle for one reason or another, brand perception, etc - it's not really about the cost of the product, it's about the perceived value.

Absolutely.
I attended a demo of the K2 the other day. The packaging was great as was the sales pitch from the factory.
Most people at the demo were drinking the LA cool aid thought it was fantastic, but it wasn’t. I could not hear any sort of stereo image no matter where I stood. It’s still a good system and I’m sure will make money, but in 2015 …

I did my first systech gig on a KARA system the other week. Packaging is great, rigs beautifully.
But I preferred the sound of the 4886 in the next room. The SPL numbers says that the KARA should kill the 4886, in practical terms I don't think the 4886 with flown 4883 subs is that far behind.

All IMHO.

Last edited:

I did my first systech gig on a KARA system the other week. Packaging is great, rigs beautifully.
But I preferred the sound of the 4886 in the next room. The SPL numbers says that the KARA should kill the 4886, in practical terms I don't think the 4886 with flown 4883 subs is that far behind.

All IMHO.

FWIW when I heard the K2 they also had some KARA's and the ARCS-II. I rather liked the way they sounded in comparison to the K2