Outputs on X32. confused 🤔….

Roni Szp

Oct 12, 2021
UK
Hi guys,
Im new here and have found loads of tips and great reading posts but I have a question I can’t find. I’m helping a church out with their sound system. They use an x32 and have all musicians on IEM’s and the drums are in a booth. We need to send a feed of the FOH mix to send for the live stream. Is there any way of splitting the main out signal? I’ve tried the monitor/control room out but it dollies the solo selection whenever you listen to a channel on headphones. Is there a way of making that output just clone the FOH mix. I’d use a bus output but we need them for IEM’s. Any wisdom would be greatly received. Cheers!

Hi guys,
Im new here and have found loads of tips and great reading posts but I have a question I can’t find. I’m helping a church out with their sound system. They use an x32 and have all musicians on IEM’s and the drums are in a booth. We need to send a feed of the FOH mix to send for the live stream. Is there any way of splitting the main out signal? I’ve tried the monitor/control room out but it dollies the solo selection whenever you listen to a channel on headphones. Is there a way of making that output just clone the FOH mix. I’d use a bus output but we need them for IEM’s. Any wisdom would be greatly received. Cheers!
Are you out of XLR outputs? Which outputs are you currently using for IEMS and PA?

I always set up outputs 7 and 8 and 15 and 16 to the same source (Main out) - that makes it easy. Just assign it in the routing.

Sending the same signal as FOH to the stream may not have the desired result. Listening to the stream at home etc. is a different sonic experience that being in the building. We also use an X32 and send the stream through one of the Bus sends. We then have someone on a PC, using X32 edit, mix with headphone for the stream. We plug the headphones into our video mixer so that we know exactly what is going out on the stream. Sound way different than plugging directly to the console and soloing out the mix. This also will let us know if there is a gain problem in the video mixer. This works very well for us. At times I run FOH and the stream from the PC if we are short staffed.