Powersoft X4.... anyone try this little big boy

John McLeod

Freshman
Sep 9, 2015
O boy
I may have went against all the rules but was wondering if anyone has ever tried a X4 with Dante..
I may have one coming in a month or so. .
My thoughts was for subs but it seems very flexible
My apologies if I am in the wrong section
Thanks

Re: Powersoft X4.... anyone try this little big boy

Definitely good to know
X8
Did you use it on all drivers or just subs

O boy
I may have went against all the rules but was wondering if anyone has ever tried a X4 with Dante..
I may have one coming in a month or so. .
My thoughts was for subs but it seems very flexible
My apologies if I am in the wrong section
Thanks

Dont do it john. Lol (john and i spoke on the phone at length) ;p

My bad shane....
..I have the cat 5 sheided now
..x32 and s32 on its way
..and threw a offer for the x4..and if accepted then ok...if not ...oh well

I have 2 X8's and an X4. They're great. Sound great and very powerful. The X4 has a little more fan noise, because of the smaller fans that have to work harder/more velocity, but still, it's no worse than many other amps - the X8 just has very little fan noise considering it's 8 high power amp channels.

I don't know what else to say about it. Everything just works as you'd want it to. The Armonia software is very nice, if you don't know it already (you can download it and play around with a virtual/off-line X4).

I intend to purchase the powersoft X4 ....need to use it with the JBL STX Dual Subs....would this be a good idea....also does this amplifier work well at 2 Ohms all channels Driven ??
At the moment I use the powersoft K20

20160224_143042.jpg20160224_144446.jpg20160224_144519.jpg
X4 arrived today
Damn UPS left it in the rain...good thing my wife showed up
Has anyone Y cabled ground and neutral and used 1 and 2 for 2... 15/20 amp plugs
This way it can be used when big power is unavailable
I suppose I should get a second connector for a 220v/30amp also
Thanks for your replies
I am curious about the K3 & K6 now

View attachment 14145View attachment 14146View attachment 14147
X4 arrived today
Damn UPS left it in the rain...good thing my wife showed up
Has anyone Y cabled ground and neutral and used 1 and 2 for 2... 15/20 amp plugs
This way it can be used when big power is unavailable
I suppose I should get a second connector for a 220v/30amp also
Thanks for your replies
I am curious about the K3 & K6 now
You cannot combine neutral wires between circuits, and you cannot combine ground and neutral together. This is illegal and extremely dangerous. This is a significant disadvantage of large amps - they can only be used at rated power when fed from a high voltage source.

Ok
Got a standard 20amp and a twist lock 30 for starters
12 gauge for setup and 10 gauge for 4ohm
My double 18 on one channel is 4ohm
The 30amp should run 4 channels

20160220_115326.jpgThanks Shane
I figured a l4.30 would get it up and running but you mean a 220v twist lock 30a...

Powersoft X4.... anyone try this little big boy

I've run ours from a correctly fused 13a 230v standard UK domestic style supply (via 32A CEE drop down adapter) running subs on two channels and passive mains on the other two. Sure it wasn't full output on all channels, but it was plenty powerful enough for the venue given the available supply - same with our existing stock of K3 and even K20, when necessary.

The voltage swing and efficiency on these and K series is quite surprising especially if you're used to old iron.

Sent from my iPad

I'm in the UK so timezone might not help but if you get really stumped I'm happy to answer questions or do a video call thing. We've sold and supported Armonia stuff for a good few years now and I'm pretty well versed in its quirks, of which there are a few (but still fewer than Lake!)

Sent from my iPhone

20160320_115411.jpgThanks Kyle
We got some sound but seemed as if something was holding it back...we bypassed all the limiting to get started
Im not sure if this will run a medium sub system (2/2×18=2 ohm )&(2/2×24"=2.7ohm)
Or
4x24" on 2 ch and 8x15" mid on the other...
I will test it on our 6x24" cabinets next weekend if we get it going
What and how many subs do you use Kyle

I've used the Outline GTO C12 demo system which hung a 218 reflex box off each channel (4r load) and it didn't seem to run out of steam. They had a 32A 3ph connection for each amplifier though. Haven't taken ours out for any big piles of subs as yet because we have a 12 deep pile of K20DSP and 6 K10DSP on the shelf which tend to be the amp of choice for that purpose.