QSC 16 doesn't connect to iPad

Teresa Howes

Jun 29, 2022
Salt Lake City, Utah
I have tried all the steps of the manual and watch the videos, the QSC doesn't connect to the iPad, I called the QSC tech support and I was told that there is a common problem with the USB wifi. Does anyone have that problem before? how do you fixed it? Please reply. Thanks. Teresa

I had one of the dongles go missing, and I tried another nano dongle and it worked good, so they aren't propitiatory,
so possibly try a different one to test if it's the dongle or something else. The brand I used is a TpLink TL-WN725N.
Even if it's just borrowing a larger wireless adapter for the test. To see if it's tablet or dongle compatibility, does the mixer connect to the internet for firmware updates ?
Assuming it's the correct settings on the app you installed and the mixer, I'm assuming the unit is a Touchmix, but the heading doesn't specify.
I'm using Android, but the dongle part of it shouldn't care if Android or Apple.

Last edited:
I have this issue too with my Touchmix which can be very frustrating when preparing for a show . Use an ASUS router linked via ethernet to USB adapter and it works flawlessly . My thought is how you turn on your devices . I have discovered that turning off both the TM 16 and iPad and then turning on the TM 16 first wait for it to connect to the network and then connect the iPad usually works to have the devices talking to each other . Not science and I'm no tech to be sure but this process seems to work for me .