Random Link Problems (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clarke LaPlante

Freshman
Jan 11, 2011
Boston-ish
www.clarkelaplante.com
Started having a problem today where I click a link to a forum, thread, or even PMs and the page loads a random post from somewhere else on the site. If I hit ''back'' and reselect the target link, it loads properly. Forum s/w bug? Cache issue?

Anyone else having this problem?

-C

Re: Randomness (Link issues)

Hi, I had it happen to me last night sometime. I clicked on the link to get to the Basement (where I usually hang
icon_twisted.gif
) and the link took me to a single thread in a different forum. Then I tried to get to the Basment a different way and got an error screen. About an hour later I went back and everything seemed just fine.

Just had it happen to me again a few seconds ago. I was in the main home page, with all the different forums listed and hit the refresh button, it took me to Ryan's Lennon and Diamond Dave thread. Then I hit the back button and it took me to the Studio Live 24 thread.

Could this be a browser issue? I'm on Firefox 3.6.13.

It's getting odd on my end too. I just clicked on the Junior Varsity Forum link, and I get a page with a single post on top from a couple days ago, then a list of topics within the forum. I attached a pdf of the screen for your review.

Browsing this forum today has sporadically taken me to a wrong link. Was working fine yesterday...I think!

Me too, 3 times tonight at seemingly random intervals.

If I hit the back button I'm not taken to the page I originally asked for (main forum index) but the one i browsed before trying to get to the main index, as if the main index page actually redirected me to a random thread before I even loaded it.

Happening to me too... Also randomly logging me out.

Though, when I click login, I'm instantly logged in (no user/pass required).

Just hazzarding a guess... maybe issues with the session variables?

Yes, prior to the 24th and increasingly. Currently happening frequently and at random. Google Chrome.

Dick,

Can you try clearing your cookies (or at least the ones that refer to this site) and see if when you log back in the problem goes away?

Won't that kill the read/unread replies indication?

The random pages thing has been going gangbusters tonight. When I click the back button, I sometimes get a previous post in the random thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.