Reverb

I listed a few things let you guys know how how it pans out.
Just sold my first item. Time will tell if this is a viable option to ebay. I did put in a request to have a category for projection under the lighting listings.

Last edited:
I've had one successful buying transaction. It was fairly low cost, so I decided it was worth the risk. So far, I'm pleased with the way things went. Seems like Reverb handles the money, not the seller. Do I have that correct, Ben?

In general, asking prices seem crazy high, even before factoring in the anemic Canadian dollar.

GTD

I havent gotten into the nitty gritty listing options. I think the default is you can list a "buy it now" price and accept offers. The things I put up were not really auctions. Im sure people have been listing higher prices with anticipating people putting in offers.
Im not sure exactly what you mean by "Seems like Reverb handles the money, not the seller." Everything just went through paypal as usual except they pull an additional 3.5% of the sale. I think they do offer some sort of buyer seller protection as well but from my experiences with ebay that can go either way for you.

Im not sure exactly what you mean by "Seems like Reverb handles the money, not the seller." Everything just went through paypal as usual except they pull an additional 3.5% of the sale. I think they do offer some sort of buyer seller protection as well but from my experiences with ebay that can go either way for you.

I figured it was sort of an escrow type of arrangement. Although the item I bought was sold from and shipped from California, my credit card statement listed the vendor as "REVERB COM DC CHICAGO".

GTD

I have done a couple transactions now that all went pretty smooth. I think this is a pretty good option. Seems like some of the random stuff sits up there that would probably sell right away on ebay. Nice to see another player out there though.

I just recently closed my first used gear sale through Reverb. It all went fairly smoothly. The payment was transferred to my checking account after the delivery was completed. It seems much more affordable than ebay so I'm going to try to list more items soon.