Right AV receiver for Sony Shake 6D Speakers

Aditya Kumar

Jun 25, 2019
Delhi, India
I have Sony Shake 6D :
Specifications
User Manual

Problem is that the AV Receiver is busted and can't be repaired by Sony, now I wanted to build a custom home theater setup 5.2 or 7.2
But I am not sure which AV receiver are their in the market which will work with those speakers as they are very high power rated.

My plan is to use these existing speaker as front left/right channel and it has 2 sub-woofer already in the unit also.

Please suggest a suitable AV receiver under $1000 which can power these speakers. Also please let me know what center and rear channel speaker would be fine with those Sony 6D speakers under $800 for all the remaining speakers

Specs of 6D speakers :

Edward Jones

Sep 25, 2019
Stockholm
As PENG, our AH Electrical Engineer, puts it, in theory, according to Ohm's Law, any amp can power even a 1 ohm impedance if the volume is low enough.

IOW, just start at a low volume and slowly increase the volume.

Most AVRs have protection circuits (Yamaha AVR's have very stringent protection circuits) that will force the AVR to go into protection mode if it cannot handle the speakers' load.

What is the cost of these speakers? The spec on the speakers doesn't say much except that they are "4 ohms".

If you are willing to spend $1,000 on an AVR - click here for some options, I assume these speakers are like $2,000/pair and not $200/pair?

In general, most AVRs (especially in the $1,000 range) will be able to power most 4 ohms speakers. So I wouldn't worry too much.

Personally, I like Yamaha. But other members also like Marantz, Denon, and Sony.