Sennheiser EW 135 G3

steve Reece

Dec 6, 2021
London
Hi Guys

I have a Radio mic setup

Sennheiser EW 135 G3​

I can see AF happening from the transmitter, but when I look at the receiver no AF or any audio output at all.
I have done a clear scan & an easy setup but difference
Can anybody help, please?

Steve

Hi Steve,
I'm not an RF expert, but here are a few basics: do you have the aerials fitted to the receiver and have it positioned with clear line of sight to the transmitter? If not, make it so.
Are you testing it with the transmitter right beside the receiver? If so, try moving away - being too close can swamp the receiver with too much signal to get good audio (though in that case I would expect to still see activity on the receiver's AF meter at least).
I'm not sure if this applies to that model of mic but check the manual to see if there's a feature referred to as "pilot tone".
If there is, check and make sure it hasn't been turned off by mistake.
HTH,
David.

First thing - did it work before you started scanning and fiddling. Check the frequency in both is the same. Check the transmitter is sending pilot tone if the receiver is set to expect it, otherwise - silence. On the receiver, it shows RF? yes? However it shows no AF?

My guess is different frequencies - what is the TX frequency, and what is the receiver set to. Are as mentioned, the antennas connected. If so - and the TX and RX are close, then you should see RF as a solid strong signal and tapping the mic should produce audio? The mic could be set to be deaf - maybe a previous singer yelled into it, so attenuation is at max and maybe the receiver sensitivity is turn right down? Report back with specifics so we can assist further.