Sound Forums Network Sold To MUSIC Group

Bennett Prescott

Just This Guy, You Know?
Staff member
Jan 10, 2011
Wallingford, CT
www.bennettprescott.com
We have a very exciting announcement to make today, which you may already have read posted here or at another fine news establishment. After months of negotiations, travel to and from Germany and the Philippines, conference calls, and meetings with lawyers we have reached an agreement with MUSIC Group to sell soundforums.net outright. Dave and I would have loved to bring you this news earlier, but negotiating conditions required a strict non-disclosure agreement. Needless to say we felt that this sale was in the best interests of the community, and would result in a better experience for all our friends - whether regular posters or not - who enjoy this forum.

I'll let the release mostly speak for itself, but the most important facts are:
  1. Dave Karol and I will remain with the site in identical roles, so the feel of the community will stay the same.
  2. As you can already see, some of our branding will have to change. Other small changes may be coming, but they will be largely cosmetic.
  3. We will be starting a sound company to better manage private concerts aboard our new Feadship designed and built yacht.
While many of you already have my personal contact information, this discussion thread can serve as a launchpad for answers about this transition to anyone who would like to know more.

Re: Sound Forums Network Sold To MUSIC Group

Hello

Can we have Music Group coupons based on our activity on this forum. Those would be equivalent of cash, when purchasin Music Group products?

I will start expanding my premises soon after breakfast...

We have a very exciting announcement to make today, which you may already have read posted here or at another fine news establishment. After months of negotiations, travel to and from Germany and the Philippines, conference calls, and meetings with lawyers we have reached an agreement with MUSIC Group to sell soundforums.net outright. Dave and I would have loved to bring you this news earlier, but negotiating conditions required a strict non-disclosure agreement. Needless to say we felt that this sale was in the best interests of the community, and would result in a better experience for all our friends - whether regular posters or not - who enjoy this forum.

I'll let the release mostly speak for itself, but the most important facts are:
  1. Dave Karol and I will remain with the site in identical roles, so the feel of the community will stay the same.
  2. As you can already see, some of our branding will have to change. Other small changes may be coming, but they will be largely cosmetic.
  3. We will be starting a sound company to better manage private concerts aboard our new Feadship designed and built yacht.
While many of you already have my personal contact information, this discussion thread can serve as a launchpad for answers about this transition to anyone who would like to know more.

#3 A boat is a hole in the water you throw money in. Invest in bacon. And 20 year old scotch.

Congrats David and Bennett, you deserve this!
Obviously Bennett can't wear shirts like that anymore and David will have to shave his head or color his hair, but I'm sure a little pain is acceptable when the reward is so high.
We have to know some more details about what kind of compensation we as users and contributors on the forum are getting. Obviously we were part of the deal with Music Group, have all of us been taken over by Music Group, or just some of us? Please tell us before we panic!!! Do I come to work..... eh.. forum today or what. Do I have to wear a shirt?

Anyway, breaking out the soldering iron and starting to assemble my new Lectrosonics kit. I'll be back later with a review!!!

So this is real then and not just April Fools?

Of course it's real! The timing of the announcements has to do with the tight schedule with the shows in the weeks leading up to this day and the fact that one should never release anything on a monday.

Are you going for a 200hrs marathon or will you take pauses?

It only take 200 hours if you spend a lot of time wading through the instructions, I recon 199 hours and 40 minutes are set aside for that bit. How hard can it be, placing the main components is fairly easy and I'm sure the little ones doesn't make that much of a difference anyway. If it doesn't work I'll just return it for a full refund or a repair. I'm sure the warranty covers both components and assembly.

C
Do I come to work..... eh.. forum today or what. Do I have to wear a shirt?

Hello

Unhuman insane working hours with low/no salary are o.k. as long I can wear old jeans and t-shirt of my choice - if not, we need union actions taken. Do we have union? If not, perhaps Tim might give us some healthy advice.

So this is real then and not just April Fools?

Well the press release says this

4/1/2014 Boston, MA – The MUSIC Group has entered into a $1.1 Billion USD agreement to add the popular online discussion site

Just by the price tag you can see its a joke. Also the Artwork is very shabby! I check tomorrow again . :lol::lol::lol:

Just by the price tag you can see its a joke. Also the Artwork is very shabby! I check tomorrow again . :lol::lol::lol:

$1.1 BN is only about 11 million Yen which is less than €100,000 which is about 1000 Deutche Mark. That happens to be the amount of cash that Uli found in an old leather jacket he was wearing when he and Steve McQueen fled from Zenda on an old Harley Knucklehead.

If the artwork looks shabby it is probably because you missed the latest graphic driver updates.

I couldn't be happier with this news! Finally, our years of collective knowledge, blood, sweat, and tears from all those hours of typing, are now in the hands of Music Group - purveyors of innovative ideas such as releasing copies of other manufacturer's products with innovative color changes!

All hail lord Uli!

I couldn't be happier with this news! Finally, our years of collective knowledge, blood, sweat, and tears from all those hours of typing, are now in the hands of Music Group - purveyors of innovative ideas such as releasing copies of other manufacturer's products with innovative color changes!

All hail lord Uli!

It has been discovered that "Uli" is actually a robot - an "audio-animatronic" creation by the Imagineers at Disney®, who is the actual $$$ behind Music Group.

We've been "Moused." Or as they say in Local 1, "we're working for the Rat."

I'll be honest, the $1.1B didn't even raise a flag for me. I don't mind admitting, I was taken in hook line and sinker. Apparently I'm not terribly smart. Clearly Bennett is not to be trusted.

I will make a donation to the site as penance.