Soundcraft so impact questions

Philip Jones

Jun 13, 2020
Bakersfield CA
I have 40+ years of experience in pro audio on analog boards but now I find myself running a sound craft so impact digital. I am trying to get up to speed and am having a couple of issues. The board is set up with a stagebox, how can I verify vwhat soundbox channels map to which faders on the board?

Secondly, I have and organ coming into the board on 2 faders, I need this to map to a mix output to feed a live stream but don't want the organ actually in the house. How do I set this up
Ty

My Impact is in it's case and I don't get to use it much....but I'll take a shot from memory: Second question first: Use a mix buss to create a different mix from your mains to go to the stream. Mix busses are selected by the "totem" buttons. If you select "Mix 1" your faders are going to "mix 1" If you don't want the organ in your main L&R, then unassign it from L/R, but leave the faders up on the main L/R mix. This assumes you are using a post fade mix buss.

For patching, select a channel. Select Menu. select Inputs. You will be able to scroll left and right through available physical inputs. A check mark will appear in the physical input that is currently selected for that console channel. Clicking on any physical input, will move the checkmark there for the currently selected channel. You can autocomplete patch selection for the eight visible inputs. Your stage box will show up as something like "MADI-USB Card" or "Dual MADI Card". The accessory cards have dip switches that affect their behavior. Depending on which slot it is in, and how the card is configured, your stage box may show up as MADI 1-32, or MADI 33-64.
I hope that helps some. There is a moderately active Soundcraft VI/SI Console group on Facebook. At least one Soundcraft employee checks in there from time to time. https://www.facebook.com/groups/145809875901039/

My Impact is in it's case and I don't get to use it much....but I'll take a shot from memory: Second question first: Use a mix buss to create a different mix from your mains to go to the stream. Mix busses are selected by the "totem" buttons. If you select "Mix 1" your faders are going to "mix 1" If you don't want the organ in your main L&R, then unassign it from L/R, but leave the faders up on the main L/R mix. This assumes you are using a post fade mix buss.

For patching, select a channel. Select Menu. select Inputs. You will be able to scroll left and right through available physical inputs. A check mark will appear in the physical input that is currently selected for that console channel. Clicking on any physical input, will move the checkmark there for the currently selected channel. You can autocomplete patch selection for the eight visible inputs. Your stage box will show up as something like "MADI-USB Card" or "Dual MADI Card". The accessory cards have dip switches that affect their behavior. Depending on which slot it is in, and how the card is configured, your stage box may show up as MADI 1-32, or MADI 33-64.
I hope that helps some. There is a moderately active Soundcraft VI/SI Console group on Facebook. At least one Soundcraft employee checks in there from time to time. https://www.facebook.com/groups/145809875901039/
Thank you...I assumed that is what I needed to do for the first issue but haven't had enough hands on time on the board yet to figure it out.

As far as the second, I will again need more boa d time to try this...again ty,

No problem. Thought about it a little more, and pulled up the offline editor. Mixes 1-8 are mono only, 9-14 can be mono or stereo. So if you want a stereo stream, it should probably come from a Mix 9 or higher. If it were me, I would also put my main PA on a matrix. Best of luck. Cheers.

No problem. Thought about it a little more, and pulled up the offline editor. Mixes 1-8 are mono only, 9-14 can be mono or stereo. So if you want a stereo stream, it should probably come from a Mix 9 or higher. If it were me, I would also put my main PA on a matrix. Best of luck. Cheers.
Ty again

I'm am confused on how to unassign to l&r im a total newby to this board

Below the rotary controls for delay and pan, there are buttons labeled "LR" and "Mono". Select your input channel. Then push "LR" button. If it is lit, then that channel goes to left & right buss. If it is not lit, that channel is no longer assigned to LR buss. Just like on your analog console you might have had LR and group assign buttons right above the channel fader. Only difference here is that all the channels share the controls for hat we used to call the "channel strip". Hope I'm not making it more complicated for you.