Starvanger Collapse - Norway

Re: Is it loud enough?

sorry to intercept:
@Norwegian guys here:
any1 involved in the Starvanger Collapse ( i hope NOT )?

Thanks. I'm certainly not, and I doubt Helge is, either, as he's probably setting up for another one of these crazy events in Lillehammer (where I live, actually), as we speak.

There is pretty fierce competition between the event organizers on the two opposing parts of the country and the schedule ends up so that most people will work either/or.

Regarding the "collapse": Apparantly, what happened was that someone was overanxious to leave with one of the party-buses, unstrapped the PA towers from the water-tank ballast, but managed to snag the cables with the bus while reversing, bringing the whole thing down. All this is rumored to happen outside of "event hours" while no tech was present. Stuff like this is the exact reason why I feel apprehensive about these things.

I have not heard of any injuries. I hope there are none!

Attachments

• Russetreff Stavanger1.jpg
    Russetreff Stavanger1.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 0

I wasn't involved, I'm in Lillehammer this weekend.

According to the guys in Stavanger some cables got stuck in the bus and pulled the rig down. Haven't heard about any injuries.

I just read the online edition of a newspaper local to the area, saying the tower just toppled over. No mention of the bus I first heard about.

No one is injured but health and safety is all over it. Had this happened same time tomorrow, people almost certainly would have been hurt.

Both the company supplying the gear and the event organizers' safety officer will have some explaining to do.

The rig belongs to a foreign company who have been hired by an event manager type business who in turn are renting the system to the kids who own the party-bus who would otherwise be set up next to the system. I'm reading major mark-up....

I just read the online edition of a newspaper local to the area, saying the tower just toppled over. No mention of the bus I first heard about.

No one is injured but health and safety is all over it. Had this happened same time tomorrow, people almost certainly would have been hurt.

Both the company supplying the gear and the event organizers' safety officer will have some explaining to do.

The rig belongs to a foreign company who have been hired by an event manager type business who in turn are renting the system to the kids who own the party-bus who would otherwise be set up next to the system. I'm reading major mark-up....

I talked to one of our German riggers, he's working with the company who owns the rig. According to their stage manager a bus got stuck in the cables from one pa tower, pulled it down onto a led wall who toppled into the other pa tower and brought it down as well.

I talked to one of our German riggers, he's working with the company who owns the rig. According to their stage manager a bus got stuck in the cables from one pa tower, pulled it down onto a led wall who toppled into the other pa tower and brought it down as well.
The same sort of thing happened to a friend of mine.

He was helping out on a gig in a city street and they were not allowed to put any anchors for the lifts into the street. So they had to tie off to whatever they could. One guy wire was tied to the truck.

Someone went to move the truck and down the whole thing went.

Of course the key and steering wheel should have been taped over and/or the battery cable removed-but obviously nobody thought of that. Nobody got hurt-except the owners pocketbook. Not only for the gear-but also the show and reputation. Hard to put a price on that.

The same sort of thing happened to a friend of mine.

He was helping out on a gig in a city street and they were not allowed to put any anchors for the lifts into the street. So they had to tie off to whatever they could. One guy wire was tied to the truck.

Someone went to move the truck and down the whole thing went.

Of course the key and steering wheel should have been taped over and/or the battery cable removed-but obviously nobody thought of that. Nobody got hurt-except the owners pocketbook. Not only for the gear-but also the show and reputation. Hard to put a price on that.
"It's a subwoofer." "No, it's an anchor point." "Calm down you two, the Danley Matterhon is a subwoofer and an anchor point."