Subwoofer help please; Yorkville TX9s or VTC-NS9

Bob Dodge

Freshman
Nov 9, 2011
Hi guys, I need a bit of help/guidance with some Yorkville and VTC subs.

I just came across what seems to be an outstanding deal on TX9s and VTC NS-9 sub-woofers. ($1199./box, delivered). Now, I really wasn't in the market for new subs, since I recently bought a pair of LS801P's (Feb./2012). All of my cabinets are active, so I have no experience with separate power-amps/processors.

Does anyone here know what the difference is between the TX9s and the VTC NS-9? Both are by Yorkville, and on the surface, the specs appear identical. I'm assuming that the VTC line-up is Yorkvilles' higher-end line-up. (better drivers??? better processing????)

TX9s;
Yorkville Sound: TX

VTC Inception NS9;
.:: VTC Pro Audio - NS9 ::.

I'll have questions about recommended power, but for now, I'd like to sort out the differences of these particular boxes. I'd also like a bit of perspective regarding the difference between these boxes, and the LS801P's, which on paper, go louder. I realize the TX9s go much lower (30Hz/-3dB vs. 45Hz/-3dB)

My current tops are U15P's, EF-500PB's, and NX55P's.

Re: Subwoofer help please; Yorkville TX9s or VTC-NS9

Hi there, first off I'd like to address your last request ( comparison between ls801 p and tx9). I own both and the tx9 kills the Ls all day long, I dare say it would take 4 Ls to one tx9. The extension is lower on the 9 , in fact I had 4 elite sw1000 2x18, in a club install. I replaced them with 4 tx9's and could hear right away that they were superior subs. a club(500 people) is Powered with one Qsc pl6.0II , and it takes the Dj music, and the live band music , with only one yellow signal light ( peaking at 97-100db at foh that's 50ish feet from the pa, in a multi level wood surfaced room... Think country bar, turned dance/weekend country rock band bar) anyway back to the comparison , I can't speak about the vtc product, I live in OTTAWA, Canada ( about 4 hrs from the yorkville corp), and I've heard one vtc rig, outside on a stageline with less than stellar results. There were 8 tops over 4 of the single 18" per side, and it was wanting even at foh... Tx9 is a great bang for the buck, but probably not even the best offering for that money. Are those prices new cabs? I'm not sure how many tops you have, but from what you've listed, tx9 would have no problem at a 2 x top, to 1 sub ratio...

Shane, you're just down the road from me. I'm in Lachute Quebec, roughly an hours' drive east of you. The resto/bar/club you're talking about wouldn't by any chance be Greenfields' Pub? I know some guys who've played there (Tele-Basterds) One of the guys in the band (Dan Blackwell), was telling me about the clubs' TX9s/U215P system, and apparently it really sounds great. I gotta get my butt down there, to hear it for myself.

Last edited:

Hi Bob, actually, I was speaking about the lonestar on st Laurent... Also if your interested, I have 4 tx 9s for sale in the marketplace... I would be happy to demo/ show them to you if you wished. I have ef500p and kf650 to put on top as a demo...cheers. Sp

Hi Bob, actually, I was speaking about the lonestar on st Laurent... Also if your interested, I have 4 tx 9s for sale in the marketplace... I would be happy to demo/ show them to you if you wished. I have ef500p and kf650 to put on top as a demo...cheers. Sp

I think I know the place,,, just off the Queensway at St.Laurent,,, Tex-Mex cuisine? I may take you up on your offer. I'll get back to you on that one.

Please feel free to PM me with specific info, such as the condition of the speakers, what you're using to power them, and the price you're asking.