Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Topic

Oh, that's kind of nifty. Like a subtitle on eBay!

PS- I keep hitting the flood trigger.
icon_lol.gif

Evan

It's been 24 hours and I can still edit my posts. Are we keeping it this way, or changing it to the 24 hour rule?

Evan

I think the problem with the FUD was that it's a global setting, that's why on that other forum, they couldn't make the marketplace infinitely editable and the rest not editable after 24 hours....So, I would guess the venerable site admins here would choose a 24 hour or so timeframe.

Oh, that's kind of nifty. Like a subtitle on eBay!

PS- I keep hitting the flood trigger.
icon_lol.gif

I already set it to 30 seconds instead of 60. We'll see how much of a problem that is.

I hit it all the time posting for sale listings, I think the other guys have it at 10 seconds or so. Thirty seems kind of high, especially when I'm going through and uploading pictures for marketplace listings.

It's been 24 hours and I can still edit my posts. Are we keeping it this way, or changing it to the 24 hour rule?

I think I have it set at just over two days right now. That should give people plenty of ''oh shit'' time without being able to redact their posts weeks later. Obviously, open to thoughts on this one.

I hit it all the time posting for sale listings, I think the other guys have it at 10 seconds or so. Thirty seems kind of high, especially when I'm going through and uploading pictures for marketplace listings.

Honestly, I don't know how much security it actually gives us. However, now that you can post meaningful numbers of pictures, it shouldn't be an issue. If it continues to be, I'll lower it.

I think I have it set at just over two days right now. That should give people plenty of ''oh shit'' time without being able to redact their posts weeks later. Obviously, open to thoughts on this one.

I like the 48 hrs thing. I am terrible about always wanting to go back and fix grammar in my posts or add another further thought.

I would hope that users here can be responsible enough to not abuse it.

Status
Not open for further replies.