Update: AVFORSALE - Avoid dealing with at all costs

Jan 14, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Previous updates on this situation:
https://soundforums.net/forum/off-topic/the-basement/12080-avforsale-in-georgia-closing-down

https://soundforums.net/forum/off-t...avoid-contracting-with-avforsale-at-all-costs

Since the last post, I have not received any more of what I am owed, and the company (Bob Buchanan really) has completely stopped responding to my emails. They now screen their calls so I'm sure they 're intentionally avoiding me.

I chatted with a lawyer, and given the fact that I'm not in the same state, it's clear that small claims court will be a waste of time and money with no guarantee of any recovery of funds, even though receiving favorable judgement would be trivial.

This whole experience has been really disappointing. If anybody has any more ideas on further steps I can take, or another way to get in touch with the company directly (short of having someone else call and pretend to be a new customer), I would appreciate it.

Keep in mind that if you buy equipment from their ebay listings, you're enabling the company to keep screwing over people like me.

This is terrible. It would seem by the size of the operation they are running that they are legit. I did a 300$ job for a company that never paid up. I made it a habit to call them everyday on my lunch break. Sad to say it never panned out. I think I got partial payment or something. It was real frustrating to never get past the receptionist.
I do have another small claims case that is being paid back slowly. I can tell you the process here in this state was a big PITA. So much paperwork.
I would definitely have people from other numbers call this place. You can actually set up a google voice pretty easy and it comes up as a different number. Send me a P.M if you want me to give them a call to inquire about the status. IDK what good it will do but I would not mind giving it a shot.

Ben, thank you for the offer and for the commiseration. The operation is indeed legit, they have tons of active ebay listings.

I actually am planning to set up google voice for the purpose of hounding them. Up until last week my google voice number was connected to the entry/intercom system in my apartment building, but now it's an option again.