Wanted: Dolby Lake Controller Software <ver 5.8

Bob Katz

Dec 3, 2021
Longwood, FL
Hi guys! I just purchased a used Dolby Lake Processor from Ebay. For the past 6 days I've been trying to get the software running properly. I have to have a version that's in the 5.x series as Lab Gruppen discontinued support for the Dolby-branded processor after version 5.x.

The oldest version on the Lab Gruppen site is 5.8.011. I even installed Win 7 to try to run this but there is some obscure error message during the launch that prevents it from getting to the main screen. This is regardless of whether the hardware is on the network. Normally if the hardware is not on the network the software would come up with virtual modules so the hardware is not my problem at this point. So I'd like to try an older version. Does anyone have this processor and if so, do you have an installer for version 5.3 or 5.4 or even 5.1 that I can try?

Many thanks in advance!

Just want to let you know that I found the software from a Lake enthusiast in Germany on Facebook. So the crisis is averted. I have the processor up and running and it kicks ass!

Hey Bob,
I’m going through that same problem.
Can I talk you into sharing the software with me?
Thanks!
Sure. Write me privately at bobkatz[at sign]digido.com and we'll get the ball rolling. Keep in mind that if you are using Windows post version 7 you might have to jump through hoops. In my Win 10 computers I kept on getting an obscure error and it does not tell you the reason. I think (but can't say for sure) that if you set win 10 to 1024 x 768 the DLP software won't mess up. But then all your other Win10 applications will look crazy. So I didn't go that route. I resurrected an old PC and installed Windows 7 and ended up doing it that way. it works great when you do that. Another tip: Connect the computer directly to the DLP. Then connect the DLP (on a second Ethernet) to your network. Fixed IP may work better, too, as long as you are not requiring Dante. Hope this helps,

Bob

Bob, have you given up the confines of your lovely, well equipped studio for the rigors of the road?

PS Love your books. Wonderfully, demystifying for when I started down that path. Thanks!