WARNING! iLok possibly hacked-DO NOT SYNC!!

Jan 11, 2011
Tulsa, OK
www.justicebigler.com
Story developing over at the DUC. Possibly phony emails being sent out by someone claiming to be iLok talkkng about authorizations that were mistakenly deposited in accounts and telling you to sync to have them removed. See the DUC thread below:

my cranesong phoenix was stolen from me by ilok - Avid Pro Audio Community

Possible that it has something to do with the Heartbleed security flaw.

Anyone recieve one of these emails?

Re: WARNING! iLok possibly hacked-DO NOT SYNC!!

Avid has posted an update in the linked thread in my OP. They have been in contact with iLok and are working to find out what the situation is.

My advice: DO NOT sync your iLoks until this is resolved. Also, log into your iLok account via the web, and change your password, and verify that all of your licenses are there as they are supposed to be. If you they are not, go to the thread that I linked in the DUC and posted there, as Avid Tech Support is using that to create support cases for any missing iLok auths.

There are websites that you can type a url name into and they will check if it has the flawed version of openSSL software on their server.

This flaw was out there for a while, but not every SSL protected website was using that particular revision level of software.

JR

I have a feeling that this isn't going to go away all too quietly. I'm gonna keep watch and refrain from purchasing any iLok gear in the coming months.