Waves Multirack on an iPad

John Gill

Aug 24, 2021
I have a Presonus 32R and AVB switch with a Waves BR-1 and Mobile server. This equates to a 32 x 16 x 2 mixing system with Waves plugins LIVE via Multirack and it works great!! I control the mixer via UC Surface from anywhere in the venue, However, I have to be back at the FOH booth to make any changes within Multirack. My wifi router is fed from the SW5E (avb switch) which give me mixer control. Waves says that "nothing else should be connected" to the GS108 (switch that handles the SoundGrid network), but that is where the PC that hosts Multirack is connected. I really want to have THAT pc controlled via my iPad. That would give me both mixer and Multirack wireless control.

Has anyone out there had any experience with doing this? Thanks.

The server is not a PC, it is a Linux server. There would be nothing to see if you “remoted” into it as the server has no GUI.
I appreciate the response. I'm not trying to remote into the server, I'm needing to remote into the PC that is controlling Multirack. I think that is referred to as the SoundGrid "host". ?

Windows 10 has Remote Desktop Services built in. You just need to enable it through the System Control Panel. Just download an RDP client for your iPad and you should be good to go.

PC with Ethernet connected to GS108 for soundgrid network.
Second Ethernet adapter connected to WAP (fastest option) with PC running RDP server (windows Pro) and iPad running RDP app WIFI to the WAP.

More fidgety option, Host WIFI connected directly to Ipad WIFI AD HOC.
Slower option, PC WIFI and iPad connected to WIFI Router wirelessly.