Waves multitrack & Soundcraft SI consoles

Re: Waves multitrack & Soundcraft SI consoles

The impact has a USB connection built into the console for 32x32 multi-track recording/ virtual soundcheck. I'm thinking this is going to be my ticket. My X-32 runs waves flawlessly using the USB connection. I would rather not spend a small fortune on a Digigrid MGO when I will be using this board rather infrequently.

Have you tried the USB option card on your performer?

Sent from my iPad

While I have not personally set it up, I have had the opportunity to play around with the impact desk.

It has 22 inserts available and you're able to using the full console routing to get in and out of them. (Minus the XLR in preamps.)

Over all, the Multitrack integration is far superior to the X32/M32 setup. You can actually route busses and your LR through Multitrack. You also retain control on your head amps on the channels.

There is no reason why it wouldn't work, however I'd suggest looking at a MGO and Soundgrid server. That would essentially give you 22 insert points and 42 channels of record/virtual soundcheck.

The routing and flexibility on these desks is excellent.

Another bonus if you decide to run natively only is you can run your direct outs and buss sends PRE your insert point. This is nice so you can run your plugins without affecting your monitor mixes. (A con of the X32/M32 implementation.

Hi guys. Has anyone had any success with hooking up multirack native on the si impact using only the usb option. If so, what are the processes involved?

the question how to record from si impact to DAW? answer youtube videos show how to send multi tracks to DAW. Here is what they don't tell you. go to soundcraft.com. go to si Impact, scroll down to Multi track audio driver. Download driver. Hook up Impact to computer via usb. Install driver then do a restart. The si impact manual explains driver set up on page 5.4 . I have cubase 9.5. Create empty project. add the number of channels you want. In VST Connections, delete stereo input bus. create 24 input busses. And there you go. You will now have all your channels with separate inputs for recording. Hope this helps someone..