Weird problem with Digico D1

Steve Ferreira

Sophomore
Jan 12, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Hi guys,

One of my co-workers was building a session file today for out D1 on the offline editor. He called me over because he was stumped, and in the process stumped me also....lol. We use a 56ch socket file. The bands BE requested 14 auxes for mons, 2 for fx, 8 stereo groups and 2 more auxes for subs. For the corporate portion we also needed 1 stereo group. If you have been following along that a total of 36 aux/groups, which taps the console out for sends. The problem became that as he was trying to patch the groups to the master, he would get an error message saying that he needed to unpatch input channels in order to patch the groups. So he went ahead and unpatched inputs, patched the groups to master and then repatched the inputs with no error messages.
Since this was done on the offline he isn't sure if it's going to work or not. Has anybody encountered a problem like this, where you have to unpatch inputs for outputs?
I told them to just get another console for monitor world and do a split, and divide some of the workload between the 2 consoles, but the BE wants to do everything himself from FOH. The console is tapped in more ways then one. They are using 52 inputs, comps, gates, fx, inserts on groups, eq inserts on auxes. Is the console gonna suffer a bit in performance, I personally have never had to use so much stuff on the D1.

Thanks