Whats the Word on The Sennheiser EW D1 stuff?

Ben Lawrence

Senior
Mar 2, 2011
Vermont
vtaudiovisual.com
I am currently selling off a bunch if my Ew G3 stuff. Wondering what the consensus is on D1 product line.
I usually run in packs of four units or up to 12 or so.
Anyone running these for enough time to give some info?

Not a lot of experience, it sounded fine when it worked but had the same issues as other 2.4G wireless. We went back to EW G3 until the new Sennheiser digital comes out.

Interference is interesting, as the range gets shorter and shorter the more gak there is in the air. It seems to work OK for very small applications/audiences.

Thats the worst. I have seen that many a time with presenters not using a hardwire connection to present off a laptop. Its strictly hardwire and disable the wireless network card these days. Even then depending on anything streaming gets me nervous.

I don't mind using WIFI for things like Spotify, I know that I have iTunes to fall back on if the worst should happen (spotify just makes my job a bit easier).

Back when I was doing retail, we had guys bringing in the digital wireless systems from all the major players, none of them could answer what the manufacturer had done to deal with congestion at show time. The real answer is that there isn't anything you can do, once 10,000 phones start pinging the receivers, you are going to have issues. I imagine they work great for guys working the small bars, but once you get above the that level I wouldn't trust them.