Wired MacBook and Bluetooth receiver connected to 1 (One) set of KRK's Rokit 5 G4

Panos Lymperopoulos

Apr 29, 2021
Greece
Hi all, I recently purchased a MacBook Pro 16 inch with the new M1 Max chip inside it.

I have 2 speakers (KRK Rockit 5 G4)

I'd like to connect them wired to the MacBook (since it "advanced support for high-impedance headphones")

but I'd also like to use these speakers as Bluetooth (or maybe AirPlay 2 ?!) (I use them with my iPhone)

so bottom line I'd like both devices work simultaneously if possible (or choose which one is gonna work through a simple hardware interface - maybe auto detect input ?!?! ).

is there a budget solution you can suggest as an external card or cable or something? have you ever tried something like this? (is there a product out there for such a case at all? )

I really appreciate in advance all answers,

(google didn't help me, as I don't know how to google what I want)

I hope I described it well enough

thank you for your time :D

PS. i already have a bluetooth audio receiver ( https://www.tp-link.com/gr/home-networking/home-entertainment/ha100/ ) does its job and I could combine a new product a mixer maybe with this one )

Last edited:
What you are looking for is a "audio monitor switching system". A producer or engineer would use this to audition a recording over different loudspeakers, switching between them with the press of a button or turn of a rotary switch. The nicer units also have signal attenuation to allow better level matching between loudspeakers.