X-Air

Ron Kimball

Senior
Mar 5, 2011
NE CT
I haven't seen much comment on the X-Air. The demo iPad app has some great features ("borrowed" from the Mackie DL1608 app ;) ?) but lacks some important stuff. Who's gonna buy a digital mixer who's app lacks scribble strips :roll: ? Are you supposed to put board tape on your iPad :lol: ?

Many (most?) of the labels are too small to read on an iPad Mini. I don't see any way to switch auxes from pre to post? It looks like there's no display of gain reduction on the main page?

OTOH some areas look unfinished so hopefully all that will be in there?

Re: X-Air

I get the impression that the app is pretty much a demo and a work in progress. However, if the real thing pans out as well as it looks like it may, I plan on purchasing a few of these units in the coming year. Probably an X18 and an X12 both.

I get the impression that the app is pretty much a demo and a work in progress. However, if the real thing pans out as well as it looks like it may, I plan on purchasing a few of these units in the coming year. Probably an X18 and an X12 both.
Would you buy an X18 if there are no scribble strips in the app when the product ships?

BTW the ability to change the order of channels on the screen is damned cool IMO :) . OTOH I didn't see an option to hide unused channels like you can on the Mackie? And it really needs some way to play walk-on/break/etc music wirelessly from an iPad. I can do that on a Mackie DL1608 via three different methods that I can remember offhand - two of which require a second docked iPad but don't take up physical channels :) .

Well, after finding some photos online showing colored rectangles above the solo buttons I really dug in and found where they hid the scribble strips :roll: . You can set a color and label that area in the setup - you have to select "edit channels" and then tap just above the solo button and it pops up :) .

I haven't seen much comment on the X-Air. The demo iPad app has some great features

Forget the iPad app. Behringer has paid a 3rd-party developer who have made a brilliant remote-control-app for android (mixing station) to optimise that app for the X-Air. That will be superb for the X-Air if it is anything like MixingStation for X32.

Forget the iPad app.
Kinda hard for me to do since I own three and would be lookin' to use them with whatever mixer I next buy ;) . As I said the demo app is pretty cool - love the way it does DCA's for instance. Real bitch to find out how to do stuff without a manual though LoL. I still haven't figured out how to swap out FX or choose the aux tap points? :(

Funny thing is I actually saw a guy with tape and labels on his ipad!:roll:

Here's my version. Redneck channel lock out. My full light rig has movers, this show I didn't use them and didn't want the stage to go black during scenes that didn't use the wash lights:

9A2C47CF-D787-40AE-ADED-60DDC1FC949F.jpg

So I used an erasable sharpie to black out the channels. lol

07607E7F-936E-4F8E-93E5-1EEE912D10AD.jpg

Dear All,
We are very excited to announce that t
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]oday we are shipping the first X AIR (XR18) digital mixers from our factory and the rest of the X AIR models will follow over the next coming weeks. It will take us some time to fill all backorders, so please check with your local distributor / dealer for delivery dates in your region. In the meantime, feel free to post any questions here!

[/FONT]10361565_10152908620063914_5326998259266383123_n.jpg

Dear All,
We are very excited to announce that t
oday we are shipping the first X AIR (XR18) digital mixers from our factory and the rest of the X AIR models will follow over the next coming weeks. It will take us some time to fill all backorders, so please check with your local distributor / dealer for delivery dates in your region. In the meantime, feel free to post any questions here!

View attachment 11335

Hello

Where can I get the editor for Mac and Windows7 - iPad is o.k. - but where are the rest?

Could not find them on Behringer website.

Thank you

Because the xair android app is essentially the 3rd party mixing station app that they have either brought or licenced. Still have no idea why the ipad app doesn't have this functionality when a 3rd party app has.
I do know that there are things you can do in Android that you can't do in iOS or at least that iOS sucks at...

I do know that there are things you can do in Android that you can't do in iOS or at least that iOS sucks at...
With the price of windows tablets now maybe it might be sensible to release a proper windows fullscreen app. They have been selling 7" full win8 quad core Intel atom tablets over here for £59.99!, might also work as simple recording device with a suitably large sd card

Dear All,
The first X AIR mixers have just left our factory, as I indicated earlier. This means that it will be 4-8 weeks before they reach our end-users. We are still putting the finishing touches on the PC/Mac and Android Apps, in addition to another update to the iPad app. The Quick Start Guide for the product will also be available on our website very shorty, with a full manual following over the coming weeks.

The RTA will be implemented in all versions of the mixing app. The video that Christian refers to was recorded at Sweetwater at the initial launch of the product and at that time, that feature had not been implemented in all apps :)

I will follow up here as more details become available but will try to answer any questions I can in the meantime. Thanks for your patience and interest in X AIR!