[WTB] X32 Prices on ebay

I'm putting this in the marketplace because I'm shopping. So any dealers feel free to shoot me a price because I will be purchasing one this week. I've been seeing ads on ebay for a brand new X32 and new Gator G-Tour X32 case with doghouse from Authorized dealers for $2999 or best offer, shipped free. Is there something up with this or have I just not gotten good quotes from other places? I'm about to pull the trigger on that package because all other quotes I've gotten have been higher.

Sent from my DROID RAZR 2

Re: X32 Prices on ebay

The way to get the best prices is to work with a dealer regularly for your purchases. When you are a valued customer, your dealer will be there to help you out whenever possible. Selling to whomever will do the paperwork to get one shipped to you does nothing to build a relationship, and when you've got problems, you're on your own.

The way to get the best prices is to work with a dealer regularly for your purchases. When you are a valued customer, your dealer will be there to help you out whenever possible. Selling to whomever will do the paperwork to get one shipped to you does nothing to build a relationship, and when you've got problems, you're on your own.

I guess. What else do you buy this way? How much volume does an end user do? With the X32 Behringer seems to be handling warrenty stuff directly.

It is worth taking a look at the Behringer warranty: "4.11 Authorized MUSIC Group Resellers do not sell new products directly in online auctions. Purchases made through an online auction are on a "buyer beware" basis. Online auction confirmations or sales receipts are not accepted for warranty verification and MUSIC Group will not repair or replace any product purchased through an online auction." The argument has been made that a BIN(buy it now) is not an auction, but I wouldn't put much faith in that.

Their story to B-ringer would probably be they "gave the case away" and sold the board for 2999, thus no violation of MAP

I'm putting this in the marketplace because I'm shopping. So any dealers feel free to shoot me a price because I will be purchasing one this week. I've been seeing ads on ebay for a brand new X32 and new Gator G-Tour X32 case with doghouse from Authorized dealers for $2999 or best offer, shipped free. Is there something up with this or have I just not gotten good quotes from other places? I'm about to pull the trigger on that package because all other quotes I've gotten have been higher.

Sent from my DROID RAZR 2

We're Behringer dealers-- the Ebay listings you're referring to are most certainly in violation of Behringer's sales policy on at least 2 levels. It certainly gives Behringer the right to void your warranty-- whether or not they actually would is totally unknown to me. Just like it's unknown to me why Behringer would put very strict MAP violation policies in place (specifically detailing Ebay sales violations), and then do, as far as I can tell, nothing to stop the violators on Ebay.
The ebay price you're seeing is very good, if you don't get screwed somehow in the process. I wouldn't even try to match it unless it's from a local good repeat customer, and I'd make sure that my customer understood that I'd offer the same support they'd get from the Ebay seller (... i.e., Here's your console: instead of my usual "need help configuring it? Sure". "Need help making a warranty claim? Sure". "Need a loaner at no charge while yours is getting fixed? Sure".)

Maybe Behringer doesn't care as long as they move product. Is that really so hard to believe?

Manufacturers DO care about grey market products. When dealers sell just to move product, they are taking away the value of the product. Believe it or not, the more profit a store can make on an item, the more likely they will push that item. If the big players suddenly are finding that they can't sell the product for a profit in their stores because an online company that is just pushing boxes for very little margin each, they will stop carrying that product. This costs the visibility of the product in the market, and would end up very bad for the manufacturer.

Manufacturers DO care about grey market products. When dealers sell just to move product, they are taking away the value of the product. Believe it or not, the more profit a store can make on an item, the more likely they will push that item. If the big players suddenly are finding that they can't sell the product for a profit in their stores because an online company that is just pushing boxes for very little margin each, they will stop carrying that product. This costs the visibility of the product in the market, and would end up very bad for the manufacturer.

I don't know. When I worked in the pro Photo/video sales business I saw too many "respected" manufacturers bend their own rules and s##t all over their dealers to move product. Based on Berhinger's past history I certainly wouldn't expect very many dealers to be punished for selling their mixers at any price, just so Berhinger gets their money. If manufacturers really cared about the grey market, it wouldn't exist! Why can't I find any grey market JBL, for example?

Last edited: