Yahoo email rant

TJ Cornish

Graduate
Jan 13, 2011
St. Paul, MN
I have several email addresses that I use for various purposes, depending on the trustworthiness of the function. I have listed several things for sale on Craigslist using my Yahoo account, for fear of spam. I have been wondering why I have gotten poor response, and have dropped the price on a couple things.

I checked my spam folder and I have missed probably a dozen responses over the last several weeks.

I've always thought that Yahoo had the worst spam filtering of the bunch, but looking back, I don't remember getting as much lately. Apparently they are unable to improve the anti-spam logic, and instead just cranked the detection threshold up. Grr

Re: Yahoo email rant

At least you could check you spam folder. I was having g mail filter all my e mails sent from my business e mail client. What a pain having to call people and explain to them they need to check junk mail for all my e mails.

I will look into that. It seems to be working ok now. From what I gather my provider has different sites on the same server. Someone was spamming making Google and hotmail trigger a block on all e mails originating from that server.

This all brings up an interesting point - Yahoo, Gmail, and Craigslist are all free services (not counting the advertising). What happens when a free service isn't good enough, but in the case of Craigslist, is significantly better than the other alternatives including paid ones? I'm not likely to find buyers on Solaris for the gear I'm selling.