Yet another X32 thread.

Re: Yet another X32 thread.

Guys, can you open a X32 subforum or whatever?

This is becoming very annoying with all those X32 topics. Not all or us care that much about it.

I was watching a movie today with Leonardo dicaprio and Tom hanks today.... The Tom hanks FBI character had an excellent joke. " knock, knock" .... Do some homework to figure out the rest....lol

You're obviously way to advanced for this forum. Please report to the Varsity forum immediately....

What, and leave you kids without adult supervision? /nudge, wink

The X32 thread has cycled several times, and other than some firmware/features discussion early on, it's become repetitive and, IMNSHO, wandered off topic into DAW / studio recording. Those are certainly useful features but the primary focus of SFN is live audio. The recording folks have lots of forum options, the live folks relatively few of any quality. Maintaining topicality is a Very Good Thing.

Marjan is on the right track, but I'd be more inclined to see a separate "compact digital mixer" forum than one dedicated only to Behringer. There will be more compact mixers very, very soon and I foresee much discussion and comparison. Attention to products of a specific scale or scope will be much more beneficial than this presumed class warfare. Who knows, maybe we can spin up a live recording/virtual soundcheck folder, too. Ultimately, Prescott and Karol make those decisions.

It will be interesting to see the next wave of products and what the manufacturers think we want/need.

I asked months ago for the same thing....the JV forum is pretty much useless to me now, and it's really the only place I belong.
So I just go elsewhere for real info.

So it's impossible to read through the JR Varsity forum without opening the X32 thread? I did not know that.

Maybe someone in the Varsity forum can 'splain that to me.

Geri O

Geri, there is this big-ass magnet, the size of the old Biloxi Gulfport Coliseum... that draws people to the X32 thread. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

So it's impossible to read through the JR Varsity forum without opening the X32 thread? I did not know that.

Maybe someone in the Varsity forum can 'splain that to me.

Geri O

Since the button to only see new posts in an individual thread doesn't work for me I have to use the new posts button at the top of the page, which fills the page with X32 posts. I can avoid them, but I get why people find it a PITA.

Mac

The behavior and presence of people talking about X 32 subjects would seem to me quite natural for a somewhat "controversial" product that has basically broken every sales record in history. Surprised TMZ isn't following Uli around ..:)

The behavior and presence of people talking about X 32 subjects would seem to me quite natural for a somewhat "controversial" product that has basically broken every sales record in history. Surprised TMZ isn't following Uli around ..:)

Rupert Murdoch is having the Wall St. Journal hack Uli's voice mail and Perez Hilton is digging for dirt... I think that means one has arrived.

Since the button to only see new posts in an individual thread doesn't work for me I have to use the new posts button at the top of the page, which fills the page with X32 posts. I can avoid them, but I get why people find it a PITA.

Mac

I'm still missing something, but no matter. I simply click "Junior Varsity" and I see the list of threads in that forum. Threads don't open unless I click the link to them.

Oh well, this was entertaining (seriously, no disrespect here, I mean it) this afternoon as I was tussling with 3 grandkids over at least one device to check email and Facebook (finally had to break open the Macbook).

Fun stuff, either way.

Geri O

The X32 will not be such a hot topic forever. I'm sorry you find it annoying. It is only the most active thread in JV because JV folks have made it so - the content on this forum doesn't come from thin air, and it certainly doesn't come from me. Creating other interesting threads in that forum will certainly cause the top topics to not be so heavily weighted towards Behringer.

Creating a separate forum will just make a part of the site that dries up due to lack of participation in a year. Then that will be in your way, too, and what do we do with it then? Delete it, and lose all the content? Hide it from users? Move all the threads to JV, breaking all external links?

This website exists only at the behest of its users. I do what I can to make it more interesting and moderate with a light hand, but the rest is up to you.