9*9w Tri (RGB) OR 7*10w Quad (RGBW).

9*9w Tri (RGB) OR 7*10w Quad (RGBW).

• 9x 9w Tri (RGB)

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • 7x 10w Quad (RGBW)

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters
I am looking to sell my LED system in favor for the Tri/Quad colored bulbs. There are 2 lights I am looking at from a China Light Distributor:
A) 9 x 9w Tri colored (RGB); Lux: 6500 @ 1m
B) 7 x 10w Quad colored (RGBW) Lux: 7000 @ 1m

I’m not sure which ones would be better. I think the RGB one will give me more color, but the RGBW will give me more “flash” for those rock acts wanting the strobe effect. I am looking at building 4 trees with 4 lights on each and placing them around the corners of the stage.

I’ve had very good luck with my China Lights and I am looking at doing it again.
I’m stepping up from a 36x1w RGBAW par light (R:6, G:8, B:8, A:6, W:8) and 60x1w RGBAW stage bar light (R:12, G:12, B:12, A:12, W:12).

Re: 9*9w Tri (RGB) OR 7*10w Quad (RGBW).

It really depends on how your going to use them, Is it for a color wash? are you lighting skin? are you ever going to want a true white out of the fixture? The reason why I ask all of these is if you answered: Lighting skin, or wanting a true white, go with the quad colored, and its really a step down from RGBAW since you'll never get the same warm white out of an RGB or RGBW system.