a lil refresh help with Behringer SUPER-X Pro CX2310 crossover

Rob Charteris

Aug 31, 2018
Australia
would love some help.... haven't used a crossover in years... and the manual on this device doesn't tell you much

We recently brought a band PA. It consists of 2 topboxes (double 15" plus a horn with internal passive x-over) with Freq response of 43Hz - 17kHz +/- 3dB, 34Hz - 20kHz +/- 6dB. And 2 subs (1x 18" JBL 2241G in each) with a Freq response of 30Hz - 3kHz with specs also states the highest recommended crossover of 800Hz.

I'm using a Behringer super-X pro cx2310 in 2 way stereo mode. In 2 way stereo + sub mode. So if you know this particular x-over it would be helpful.... anyways this is what I intend to do...does this sound right? I believe there are prolly 2 ways to do this... but since I'm running only 3 amps in bridge mode, ill run the subs linked in mono off the mono sub woofer send on the x-over to 1 amp and the other 2 amps run the left and right top boxes.

I'm more concerned I have the freq knobs set right. So I have 3 amps in bridge mode, 1 to run the 2 sub's off the sub woofer mono send from x-over and set at 100Hz, which I believe should cut everything above 100Hz. The other 2 amps will run the 2 top boxes taking a left and right from the x-over. ok this is my confused our perhaps a lil dusty from years bit, is this right.... take the signal from each of the high outputs of x-over to each of the top box amps and set the Freq to say 100Hz sending everything above 100Hz (within the freq range of the top boxes) to the top boxes. this would leave the low outputs in the 2 way section on the x-over free and not needed. does this sound right or not

Also this might be logical but am I right in believing the Freq knob in the 2 way section on the CX2310 is basically a frequency mix knob for the two high and low outputs? everything above whatever setting that ids set is sent to the high output with everything below going to the Low output.

cheers, and thanks for any feedback in advance
Rob

Last edited: