A sign of the good gig to come...

Re: A sign of the good gig to come...

...When the new bass player walks in carrying only his bass and this:
View attachment 6515
with all of his (good sounding) settings sharpied in place on orange gaff tape.

Small PA/Room?

I have always been able to get good sounds out of SansAmp's if the rig is up to it.... YMMV

Edit: Maybe I am misreading this as sarcasm?

Last edited:

One of my city's best bass players didn't even bring a pedal ! Alembic bass, cable and straight into the DI I provided. No bass in wedges at that time (not good enough wedges) and he went solely off what he could hear in the FOH mix.

It did annoy the other band members eventually - made him bring an amp so they could hear bass on stage too.

Andrew

Depends on whether the monitors can carry enough low end to replace the amp the player maybe should have brought.

Considering most bass rigs, I would be willing to take that bet with most monitor rigs. He might even rediscover a missing octave, although what's coming off the FOH subs will probably do that anyway so I'd imagine the monitors would be fine if they can make it to 60Hz.

Depends on whether the monitors can carry enough low end to replace the amp the player maybe should have brought.

Or in this case a guy who was focused on, and understood implicitly, that midrange tone let him hear his instrument clearly, as well as make it audible in mix context. He was fine with a single 12" coax wedge. Normally he's one ears, but he just stepped up and did the gig easy.

Last edited:

Cool! :)~:)~:smile:

You had me worried that perhaps I have been missing something about the sansamp.

I personally prefer the Sansamp to almost any bass rig I've been around (for rock and roll). I've been around a B15 or two that were magic, and a great Orange bass amp, but generally I prefer bass through a guitar amp, and add a DI if you need to fill in the low octaves.

Last edited: