Active Loudspeakers

Pedro Luzeiro

Freshman
Aug 21, 2012
Hi people, this is my post here, and i dont know if i'am in the right section... i'm portuguese, so my english is not so good.
well, i'm a musician, i play piano and guitar.

i'm interested in buy a active speaker to play with my small band, and some small gigs.
i was wondering in a behringer.. like a B215D (550w rms?) or a B315D (don't know the difference between this and D215D) or a B115D(1000w rms really)

but as behriguer has so much models i'm a little bit lost! can you give me some help?

i want to spend ~250@ limit.

suggestions?

Re: Active Loudspeakers

Pedro,

I would save my money - at that price point, you're better off shouting and using instrument amps.

You need to keep saving up a bit…browse some of the past posts on "what speaker(s) should I buy?" or similar. You'll see what prices look like and find out that you get what you pay for. If you just want "louder", you can buy anything you want. If you want something that accurately reproduces what you put into it, you need to pay the price for it. Whether or not that's worth the price you pay is up to you. I value sound quality, even coverage, and even rolloff (frequency- and amplitude-wise) when moving out of the nominal coverage pattern(s) of the speaker.

Read, read, read, and I think you'll find that "buy once, cry once" is a true statement - it's best to spend your hard-earned money on something that can grow with you or be put to another use AND is of an acceptable quality for your standards.

Re: Active Loudspeakers

Hi people, this is my post here, and i dont know if i'am in the right section... i'm portuguese, so my english is not so good.
well, i'm a musician, i play piano and guitar.

i'm interested in buy a active speaker to play with my small band, and some small gigs.
i was wondering in a behringer.. like a B215D (550w rms?) or a B315D (don't know the difference between this and D215D) or a B115D(1000w rms really)

but as behriguer has so much models i'm a little bit lost! can you give me some help?

i want to spend ~250@ limit.

suggestions?

What do you need the speaker to do? What other equipment does the band have?