Adamson users?

Re: Adamson users?

I've been tending an MH225/B218 and a Y10 rig for some time. I think Adamson produces good sounding speakers and are respectable in the service department. I've not heard any of the new systems but the reviews I've seen are quite favorable.

It's good stuff. The Y10 and the M12/M15 monitors especially, and the SX 18. The rigging on the Y10 and Y18 isn't as nice as the Spektrix, I haven't got the E15, but hear it's much better than the Y. The T-21 sounds great, haven't used any other of their subs.

Adamson are one of the best line arrays in the market. Metrix and Spektrix are very, very good line arrays with standard Adamson low and very clear vocal range.

Adamson are one of the best line arrays in the market. Metrix and Spektrix are very, very good line arrays with standard Adamson low and very clear vocal range.
Mike is right, Adamson is a solid competitor in the high end market ! I used the metrix 3 months ago : 2x 6 box, ground stacks with 2 sub-t (15'') and 2 double 21 ... What a rig ! All fired with powersoft k10 ...

The rig is pretty small and very powerfull, I did not like the double 21 for indoor use, the metrix boxes are particularly loud and very efficient, and pretty clear for vocal use. It was a event with Dj's and live music. There is a lots of high mid when ground stacked so need some work on the EQ but that was it. It was way too much for 3000 people indoor ! I would choose the metrix any time compared to other big players.

The Adamson Rig can be spec anywhere witch is a good thing when you see vertec, Meyer or lacoustic line arrays, I believe pricing is the high range but still competitive against the others. Service is wonderful and their reps know a lot about the tuning of their stuff !!!

othmane

I use a Metrix system pretty often, (2) subs and (5) tops per side. It's mainly in corporate atmospheres with little setup time so usually stage stacked, they go up in no time with the captive rigging. I experienced the same upper midrange coupling, but we only send them out with Lab Gruppen PLM 10000Qs so we have onboard Lake processing to deal with that. It also makes for a surprisingly small footprint, needing just two amplifiers to run both stacks with no panels needed.

My only gripe with the Metrix is that the subs, while incredibly powerful(and are from what I can hear sonically identical to the Adamson P215), aren't as deep as I'd like them to be. Supplementing them with 2x18"s is a good idea if you want more rumble.

Also I've gotten prompt responses from technical support crew over there, which is always a plus.

John - I toured with the E15s last year. They're a great sounding box and have some of the best rigging I've ever dealt with. They're definitely one to watch as they continue forward with the Energia project.

Adamson makes some of the best loudspeakers in the world. We have a large Spektrix inventory and are moving into their bigger stuff. With the new Lake presets and Lab Gruppen amps, Spektrix is easily one of the most sonically pleasing speakers out there. We will be using the E15 rig for some festivals this summer. Watch out, the sheer power of this system and the way it effortlessly produces such high volume is amazing. Its like you are listening to a pair of high quality studio monitors at 120 db, accept there are 15,000 people on front of you.