Any more reviews of Turbosound iQ?

Simon Eves

Sophomore
May 12, 2013
They've been out for a while now, but there's not much out there about them. My conclusions are that they're at least as good (some say better) than QSC K's, but not quite on a pair with the JBL PRX/SRX or Yamaha DSR, although cheaper than all of those (esp. the SRX).

The Ultranet audio connection thing also appeals on the tech level, as I have an X32, although it's really not a big deal (and part of me is concerned about committing cable install expense that will only work with that gear and nothing else).

Anyone got anything new to say, please?

I would be considering a pair of 12s and either 15 or 18 subs for theatre use (the room is only 70x50 so maybe the 18s will be overkill...)

One thing that concerns me is that the iQ12s are apparently a 70x50 throw which seems quite narrow (our seating is quite wide, and there's no way to fly anything centrally, so the mains have to be high and at the sides).

Also, has anyone done a comparison between the iQ and the Siena? The latter have wooden boxes, but I assume the same drivers and electronics, although the back panel is simpler, just basic analog and Ultranet ports, with the latter being etherCON. They seem to be $100 more expensive than the iQ for the same size variant, although there are less variants. Do they sound any better, for the extra money? (which still leaves them cheaper than the JBLs or Yamahas)