Anyone used a Focusrite saffire pro 40 or pro 56 with the 01v96?

Well have ya?

I wondering if you can setup routing in the focusrite software and have it "remember" it's setup even when a computer is not present. I'm think that I could use either of these units for extra preamps, and also be able to firewire to a laptop and do live recording. I could also bring that recorded multitrack back into the console for processing and post-mixing.

I would primarily be using it for the extra IO for live mixing, however, and I'm wondering if the routing is robust enough for that task without requiring computer setup everytime.

Thanks!
-=Tim=-

Re: Anyone used a Focusrite saffire pro 40 or pro 56 with the 01v96?

Yes.
I haven't done it specifically with the 01V but that shouldn't matter.
Simply choose "save to hardware" in the software and you're all set.

Do a quick google for "saffire pro standalone mode". There is a PDF about how if I remember right.

Re: Anyone used a Focusrite saffire pro 40 or pro 56 with the 01v96?

Well have ya?

I wondering if you can setup routing in the focusrite software and have it "remember" it's setup even when a computer is not present. I'm think that I could use either of these units for extra preamps, and also be able to firewire to a laptop and do live recording. I could also bring that recorded multitrack back into the console for processing and post-mixing.

I would primarily be using it for the extra IO for live mixing, however, and I'm wondering if the routing is robust enough for that task without requiring computer setup everytime.

Thanks!
-=Tim=-

Setting up the Saffire Pro 40 to do I/O without a computer is not a problem. What MAY be a problem, however, is recording via firewire while simultaneously doing ADAT I/O with the 01V96. If I recall correctly, I had clock issues when I tried to use it in this manner. The only difference being that I was using the Saffire for SMAART, not recording. It could be a few weeks before I get the chance to check this out, so hopefully someone can beat me to it.