Arlo Guthrie?

Jan 12, 2011
Anybody here had a gig with him recently? I am told his son and grandson are in the band, am wondering if there is anything special I should know about.

Re: Arlo Guthrie?

Did a show with him last year in a 1,200 seat theatre. Brings the whole family, sons, daughers, etc. It's all a big family affair. Has a tour bus from the dawn of mechanized transportation. One of the daughters does a great song called "Shit." Hilarious. Nothing special to be aware of. Fun, laid back gig. Shouldn't be any real challenges or surprises.

Have fun.

Easy, easy gig. Best of all, thoroughly enjoyable. I was prepared for another one more time for the dime gig. Not so. Lot's of remembrances, story telling and entertaining songs. Arlo and his audience were totally engaged and delighted with one another's company. Be ready for a fun time. You will totally forget you are at work! Enjoy.

Great people, great show. I've had them through in a bunch of configurations, latest was with the Burns Sisters early winter, always a pleasure. Go for their monitor/mics package if they're carrying it, Abe runs it and your life and theirs is better. Bruce @ foh is a pro.