Assessment

Greg Cameron

Senior
Jan 11, 2011
So I had been reserving judgement on the New LAB forum software until I actually signed up and started using it. I started a few days ago. Sadly, it really is an abomination. Not having a threaded tree view really makes it arduous to trudge though topics. I'm grateful you folks decided to start a new FUD based forum. There is talk on the other board of working on a tree view with the developer, but who knows when that might be.

Cheers, kudos, and all that good stuff,

Greg

Re: Assessment

I'm not thrilled with their new look either. Tree view aside, it is still certainly not an upgrade from the end user perspective.

I also don't like that the marketplace over there has been separated from the SR section, meaning that it is likely to be flooded with stuff from the recording and church forum guys once they discover it.
icon_sad.gif

The reason we chose this software was because everyone is used to it. The new version we installed especially seems to be good on mobile devices, which is a godsend. At some point we may need to switch to different software but that should be a relatively painless upgrade path with no posts lost.

I admit to being a flat view user up until a few weeks ago and then I tried out tree view. I must say I'm liking tree view much better. Although it's a lot of extra clicking, conversation flows make much more sense. Thanks for the ''tip'' guys!

+1 to the mobile device version as well. It's really snappy on the iphone