Audio over IP hardware inquiry

Ales Dravinec

Freshman
Jan 10, 2011
Slovenia
www.adraudio.com
Hello,

I need a pair of hardware devices that would transmit audio over network. I found these offerings from DEVA, but was hoping for cheaper solution.
Can you help ?

Application is to send audio to a distant location, LAN is there, additional cabling can not be installed.

Inputs on transmitter and outputs on receiver must be analog of some sort, RCA, 1/8, XLR, 1/4 ... Not important

With utmost respect

Ales Dravinec, ADRaudio
DEVA.jpg

Hello

This might be plain stupid - why don´t you send audio over existing CAT-cable ? I could not find better info of how many channels you need or distance etc, but twisted pair of CAT-cable is fine over hundreds of meters/yards on line level. Isolation x-former on one end or both - depending ( I borrow this from Ivan )

Hello

This might be plain stupid - why don´t you send audio over existing CAT-cable ? I could not find better info of how many channels you need or distance etc, but twisted pair of CAT-cable is fine over hundreds of meters/yards on line level. Isolation x-former on one end or both - depending ( I borrow this from Ivan )

LAN does not always mean twisted pair cabling. Depending on how distant the two endpoints are, there may be fiber-optic links, or multiple hops through switches. Additionally, access to the intermediate infrastructure (e.g. patch panels) may not be available.

Hello,

I need a pair of hardware devices that would transmit audio over network. I found these offerings from DEVA, but was hoping for cheaper solution.
Can you help ?

Application is to send audio to a distant location, LAN is there, additional cabling can not be installed.

Inputs on transmitter and outputs on receiver must be analog of some sort, RCA, 1/8, XLR, 1/4 ... Not important

With utmost respect

Ales Dravinec, ADRaudio

RDL [radio design labs] has a large selection of DANTE I/O available. Not sure how they compare cost wise with other options, but a DANTE solution does put you into a standard Audio over IP protocal which may be good for future expansion if necessary.