Beam Clamp Mountable Equipment Rack

Re: Beam Clamp Mountable Equipment Rack

What Jason said.

That said, unistrut and threaded rod are often used to make supports for items overhead.

Of course, but this is a case where I'm trying get the AHJ to sign off on the detail well in advance, and not have a "Oh by the way" for a structural check. Worth it to have an approved, saftied part.

The Clair Global "Stack Racks" can also be flown.

I'd argue that there's a distinction between "flyable" (which implies a single-point hang and some amount of motion of the flown rack, requiring the use of flexible cables for wiring), and "installable overhead" (which implies a rigid mounting, connections for conduit, and likely seismic certification). Horses for courses, and all that.

I'd argue that there's a distinction between "flyable" (which implies a single-point hang and some amount of motion of the flown rack, requiring the use of flexible cables for wiring), and "installable overhead" (which implies a rigid mounting, connections for conduit, and likely seismic certification). Horses for courses, and all that.

Bingo. I posted this in the install forum for a reason.

I was idling around in Menard's the other day waiting for someone and I looked up only to be reminded of this thread
Brand new store opened a month ago and passed all the proper occupancy inspections. Apparently a wall-rack mounted on a uni-strut framed panel is legitimate! Since then I've now noticed the same treatment in several other big-box stores around.
flown_data_rack.JPG
Wall racks appear to be easier to source then flown racks from what I could find on Google.