Behringer X32 random channel no output to LR

Brian Alexander

Apr 18, 2019
Mississippi, USA
I have been running an X32 at my church for almost 3 years with very few issues. Recently I've several channels showing input, sending output to mixbus and FX, but refuses to send to LR mains. Everything appears normal viewing the main bus except nothing on the meters. Before when I had this a reboot usually fixed it, but last week I had to resave the routing settings. Tonight I had 3 mics quit in the middle of practice - monitors still fine, just no mains, other channels still working fine, and I didn't have my hands anywhere near the desk when it happened.

Fiddled around with it for a while. Downloaded the latest FW from Behringer. Reset to factory and restored everything. Enabled / Disabled every processing / effect I know. Reset to factory and manually set just one channel. No joy on any of it. Extensive Google-Fu netted me a few reports of similar things, usually with a whole block of inputs, and seeming to revolve around routing setup, but firmware seemed to fix those problems.

I can move those inputs for now, but it's irritating me, and I don't need anything else to fail.

Any Ideas?

It was random channels within a block... I got it fixed and pretty sure I figured out what caused it.

Some channels were randomly assigned to a DCA that wasn't being used and one other was assigned to an effectthat had gone wonky. We run a long analog snake and AES50 to an SD8. There were thunderstorms that night and I think those long lines picked up a pulse and confuzzed the computer. I've redone all my grounds and surge protection

BTW ESP and Innovolt have some power protection systems that go far beyond simple surge suppression and the box has a RJ45 protection port that works fine with AES50 Dante and Ultranet.

BTW ESP and Innovolt have some power protection systems that go far beyond simple surge suppression and the box has a RJ45 protection port that works fine with AES50 Dante and Ultranet.

Do you have Ethercon shell-to-Ethercon shell DC continuity from console to stage box with whatever 'protection' devices you insert between?

I have been running an X32 at my church for almost 3 years with very few issues. Recently I've several channels showing input, sending output to mixbus and FX, but refuses to send to LR mains. Everything appears normal viewing the main bus except nothing on the meters. Before when I had this a reboot usually fixed it, but last week I had to resave the routing settings. Tonight I had 3 mics quit in the middle of practice - monitors still fine, just no mains, other channels still working fine, and I didn't have my hands anywhere near the desk when it happened.

Fiddled around with it for a while. Downloaded the latest FW from Behringer. Reset to factory and restored everything. Enabled / Disabled every processing / effect I know. Reset to factory and manually set just one channel. No joy on any of it. Extensive Google-Fu netted me a few reports of similar things, usually with a whole block of inputs, and seeming to revolve around routing setup, but firmware seemed to fix those problems.

I can move those inputs for now, but it's irritating me, and I don't need anything else to fail.

Any Ideas?
I am seeing similar issues with an X32 Rack. Not only with LR Mains, but also busses 1-6. A Factory reset temporarily fixes most issues. I'm currently running 4.06 firmware. I am going to try updating to 4.09.

I am seeing similar issues with an X32 Rack. Not only with LR Mains, but also busses 1-6. A Factory reset temporarily fixes most issues. I'm currently running 4.06 firmware. I am going to try updating to 4.09.
Here's the thing that bit me a couple weeks ago: I had assigned a couple of Bus masters to a DCA group instead of a mute group. DCA down, no output but still have meters.

Go to the DCA Master page and make sure all the faders are up to -0- and then see what you get.

That you mention a reset temporarily fixes your issue makes me think another problem could be a parameter that is "Recall Safe" in a Scene file, and once loaded, remains "safe" when other scenes are recalled. I'm not sure what is being changed (or not changed), but this is another place where an inadvertent change makes for hard to trace failures.