Beta 52 Mount Bushing

Chuck Simon

Junior
Jan 19, 2011
I need to replace the rubber bushing in the pivot mount for the Beta 52. Shure tells me the part is not available since they have changed the mounting system on the mic. Any ideas?

Re: Beta 52 Mount Bushing

I need to replace the rubber bushing in the pivot mount for the Beta 52. Shure tells me the part is not available since they have changed the mounting system on the mic. Any ideas?

Not knowing what it looks like, I'm wondering if you can cut a new one out of an old inner-tube. I assume it's a washer-shaped piece that serves as a friction point?

My first idea wasn't as productive:

d112.jpg

Re: Beta 52 Mount Bushing

we went to our local surplus store and bought some rubber tubing, and found a normal washer of the same size. traced it and cut it out with a knife.

Do you have an original Beta 52, or a beta 52A? Shure likes to tell everyone with an original beta 52 tough shit, send it in for ''repair'' aka replace it. We had an issue with the screw being striped and Shure doesn't make that knob anymore... mic works fine still. but i'm not paying the flat fee for a stupid thumb screw. so I found a surplus bolt that works for the time being.