Bose Controlspace Designer for idiots

Michael Pace

Oct 3, 2018
Australia
So, one of the venues in my charge uses a Bose CC-64 to run an installed sound system in a very large building over several zones. My issue is, this installation was completed several years ago, prior to my arrival, and there is no-one left on staff who was there at the time.

For the most part, the system works fine and I haven't needed to look too closely at it until now where one of the zones no longer works.

There appears to be nothing wrong with the hardware anywhere, so I must assume the issue lies in the software/configuration. Unfortunately I have no experience with this kind of system and manuals and walk-throughs for this program are very thin on the ground.

Anyone out there able to provide some links for begginers so I can start to wrap my head around this issue.

The CC64 is merely a controller for a rack mounted DSP unit. It's possible that someone muted (via combination button/control wheel pressing) a zone, but it's unlikely that the unit itself was "reprogrammed" by someone merely fiddling with it. It's also unlikely that a single output of the DSP unit (EX-****, SP-** or ESP-***) has failed. I'd start at the DSP output that drives the zone and use headphone amp, headphones, and some clip leads to verify the zone output of the DSP. If it's working your problem is downstream and has nothing to do with the DSP or CC64.

Bose Professional has people that answer the phone and are willing to help. You might ring them up and see what they have to say. Alternately they also have "community", i.e. forum, support.