Can the PM5D transmit MTC?

Re: Can the PM5D transmit MTC?

Does anyone know if the PM5D can transmit MIDI Time Code? I know it can generate time code, but I can't seem to figure out if/how it can send MTC.

MTC makes my AOD (acronym overload disorder) act up.

Round these parts, MTC stands for Missionary Training Center. It's a Mormon thing.

I'm sorry Andrew, eventhough we have two 5Ds in house, I'm not that up on Midi stuff and don't know how to test it. I know that you have a 5D out on Rain, so I don't think there's anything that I can test for you that you probably already haven't.

Maybe Mac would know something?

Yeah, I've tried everything I can think of on my PM5D and gone through the manual, so I'm pretty sure it can't generate MTC, even though it seems like it can read it.

Officially, the 5D can only read LTC/MTC, and can't generate it.

However, it can generate its own code internally, and it would be worth seeing if this ever appears on the MIDI port. Lots of Yamaha consoles transmit undocumented parameters on the MIDI output.

I'm not sure what your application is, but it might be worth using an external generator like a Rosendahl MIF. If you are trying to run timecode on a scene recall, you may be best to use a midi command to trigger an external TC gen.